• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday someone stealed my all Mercedes Valve Caps from my SLK.

I found (again) the Mercedes Valve Caps on ebay:

and these "anonymous" valve caps:

I like both but I need choose one :D

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
The MB ones looks like plastic and cheap quality, I pick the no-name chrome ones, looks better, higher quality, imo.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:My SLK 55 came with some monogrammed valve stem caps. Must be the previous owners initials?:D The AMG caps are nice and heavy, well made. Not sure what they cost, but probably not cheap. I'll remove them prior to taking to the dealer for service.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
You trust your dealer your AMG55, but not your valve caps.......

:D:D
:confused:NO, I don't trust the dealer(s). I don't have a choice with the required dealer service to maintain the warranty. It would be so easy for anyone that noticed the valve caps to remove. Just a precaution as well as any personal items someone could take.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Whoaw.... Must be a different "breed" of dealers on your side of the river...:(
A serious dealer over here would never steal anything from a car at a service.
If they keep it over night and park it outside could be a problem. They don't have fences around their buildings.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Wish I had Photo's to show.... but the MB valve caps with the rubber stem allow the caps to hit against my rims. As a result I have little worn area on each of my rims next to my valve cap. :tazz:

I would go with the caps that have the steel base!:tu:

That would have solved my problem. I may have to get me some of them. Where did you get them?

SLKman:tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Whoaw.... Must be a different "breed" of dealers on your side of the river...:(
A serious dealer over here would never steal anything from a car at a service.
If they keep it over night and park it outside could be a problem. They don't have fences around their buildings.
:confused:I'm not accusing any dealer of stealing because it hasn't happen. I just stated a precaution that I would remove any personal items that could be taken. The valve caps are insignificant, but I'd like to keep them. Given the opportunity, "people" will steal anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.