Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to take my 06, 280 to the dealer because I couldn t get the trunk to lock. I happened to be on MB World.Com (SLK) and read that this is a common problem and individuals are advised, that because of the emergency trunk release, the trunk can not be be locked with the key.
(read the post)
I checked my E 350, which has the same emergency release and it does lock with the key. Is anyone here familiar with this problem ?

RL

D

·
0 Posts
Its never been explained to me as a safety measure but that the car simply is not designed that way.

The valet key on the SLK is an emergency key designed to open the drivers door and the trunk the either the car or the key lose power it does not have any valet function built in for instance you cant lock the glovebox separately either.

Its normal function the trunk release literally manually pulls back the lock it does not contain any mechanism to lock it and over-ride the central locking.

At least thats my understanding based on what i have been trained with

·
Registered
4 Posts
It would be nice to have a valet key function......a parking attendant took some of my contents out of my compartment. I didn't realize until I've noticed my compartment had more room than before. SLK should have a built-in key lock for glove and side compartments so we can lock them when we use valet service. It isn't a good feeling when someone accesses your compartment when you are not there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.