Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from West Texas! Could someone tell me where on my 2001 slk320 6 Speed that I can find the vacuum control module? My central locking system doesn't work, but my pse pump seems to be good. It worked sometimes for a while, then it would only unlock, and now it doesn't do anything. Even when I try to lock up with the key, it pops right back up when you release the key, or just trying to push the lock down physically from inside, it pops up as soon as you release it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Administrator (UK)
34,845 Posts
Not sure if this may help. It doesn't answer your question though.

@Dave2302 actuator maybe?

·
* Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0&'00 V6 SLK320
5,752 Posts
Take out spare wheel, jack etc etc, it is on the RHS encased in a foam holder, can't miss it it has 3 yellow tubes going to it as well as 3 wiring plugs ;)

It is called PSE btw ;)

Reactions: Avel Du

·
*Premium Member
2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
2,848 Posts
At a guess, it sounds like a sticking plunger inside the PSE, maybe a rubber seal has come loose and folded up on itself or something..

Complete guess 🙃

·
* Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0&'00 V6 SLK320
5,752 Posts
My money is on PSE reason doesn't matter lol, bin it and fit new or known good ;)

Alternately spend hours and hours faffing around trying to get it working right, using solder / superglue and old bicycle, strimmer, TV, washing machine etc etc bits 🤣 which (at DIY level) usually ends with needing at least a replacement PSE ;)

Don't forget, replacing a PSE requires at least checking the Version Codings with SDS, no other machine can do that ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts