Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I think my Emmisions Pump is running before I even start the motor. Is that normal? It is the pump located in the front of the front wheel well on the drivers side. It has a silver top on it. When I turn the key it starts running before I even start the engine. I am sure it is some type of vaccum pump because the lines are black and are vaccum lines. If any one has a clue if this is normal please let me know...Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi All, I think my Emmisions Pump is running before I even start the motor. Is that normal? It is the pump located in the front of the front wheel well on the drivers side. It has a silver top on it. When I turn the key it starts running before I even start the engine. I am sure it is some type of vaccum pump because the lines are black and are vaccum lines. If any one has a clue if this is normal please let me know...Thanks
I believe what you a talking about is the ABS module (green arrow) This is not the item you are hearing though. The thing making that noise is the throttle body (red arrow) I think it has a cooling fan or something in it that turn on with the ignition on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrong Place!!

It is the pump in the front of the wheel well, what you are showing is the back of the wheel well by the fire wall. I will check again and see if the sound is coming from the back, but I am sure it is the front... I removed the neg from the battery to get the computer to reset and hope that clears the problem if this is a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.