Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of a V8 kit for SLK? I just acquired a ZO6 Corvette engine and the thought of that in a 98 SLK made me quiver. Found a 98 SLK locally for cheap with a blown engine.

:rockon: SLK with a 0-60 of 2.1 seconds,,,, Thats scary, Cobra move over cause my roof folds down. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, weight is my biggest concern. Lookin now for wt of stock MB stuff etc. Years ago we shoehorned a Chevy V8 into a Vega for fun, had to put 9" Ford rear to handle the thing. But from one light to the next was a blast. :fart: :fart: Red Neck engineering at its best!!!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Them is jokes right??????? Red Neck engieers kin do anithing tha tri to. ((((((((Ill show them fellers, I will make it work one way or tha other))))))))))):fart: filled suspension, I know that won't wurk, I tried to blow up a flat tyre that way one time. I wiped blood fur a month. Kevin, you know my cuzin KY??? He waz named that cause hiz daddy used it by the gallon,,,, (dirty mind),,,,, for hair treatment silly.:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Anyone heard of a V8 kit for SLK? I just acquired a ZO6 Corvette engine and the thought of that in a 98 SLK made me quiver. Found a 98 SLK locally for cheap with a blown engine.

:rockon: SLK with a 0-60 of 2.1 seconds,,,, Thats scary, Cobra move over cause my roof folds down. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
:tu: It's possible. Do a search on eBay for a "a-dapt kit".

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
There's a company does LS7 conversions on the Pontiac Solstice, so if it can fit in there, I'm sure it could be "made" to fit the SLK as well - have at 'er! :tu:

P.S. Didn't Brabus also offer V8 (MB engine of course) R170 conversions? I'm sure I saw Top Gear (or some such) show on it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
be sure and get a pictorial calendar of events --- before, during and after-- doing this daily would certainly put you in contention for all future posting contest --- might even qualify for your own sticky column ---
" rich redneck round the oil barrel discussion group with your host 412"

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmmm, sounds good to me. Have to leave off rich part. How about: Red Neck engineerin hosted by the Main Most Red Neck Hissef. I like that, what U think? :tu: :tu: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
There's a company does LS7 conversions on the Pontiac Solstice, so if it can fit in there, I'm sure it could be "made" to fit the SLK as well - have at 'er! :tu:

P.S. Didn't Brabus also offer V8 (MB engine of course) R170 conversions? I'm sure I saw Top Gear (or some such) show on it.

Ya i think that is a video somewhere on this site for that.

It would be quite crazy.

Tranny, ESP system, rear, bigger gas tank, i dunno im just thinking of things off the top of my head that you would have to change...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the video B, (((((kin you see me at a red light aside a vette an tha light turns green an zoom pow bang,)))))))) wherd that cop come from, dang dang dang... :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
np, the car would be wicked fast. i dont think it would be a 55 tho, but the performance for price your getting ;)!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ah yeh, how cool!!!
get it shoehorned in 412.
a welder, crowbar and a monkeys tooth with the pubic hair of a virgin bolivian.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts