·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
22 Posts
R170 Head Unit / Radio Swap Links

There are a few sites around with this information, but I thought this would be a good place to put this. I also created this graphic to assist with my aftermarket head unit swap, which I'm attaching.

Also, here are some links I used for the swap:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1263128-diy-aftermarket-head-unit-swap.html
http://www.slk32.com/pages/radioupgrade/slkradioinstall.html
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1242276-radio-install-question.html

Hope this helps someone!

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
R170 722.6 transmission fluids

Thinking about getting my trans fluid changed early and trying to figure out which trannie fluid to use: 236.10 (which was the spec when R170's were built) or 236.14 (which is the new and "improved" trannie fluid).

Calls to 3 MB service departments and 2 MB indie shops got me 2 "I dunno" and 3 "we would use the 236.10"

Not sure this was the best answer, and being prompted by a question on another forum, I went to my favorite MB fluid resource:

Mercedes-Benz Specifications for Operating Fluids: Engine Oil, Gear Oil, ATF, Coolant, Brakefluid

and looked up spec sheet 231.1 (which explains all or most MB fluid specs for their transmissions) and I have attached the resulting PDF. If you look at page 4 (near the bottom) for the 722.6 trannie, MB in this doc says you SHOULD use 236.14 spec fluid for 722.6 trannies, but you CAN use 236.10 or 236.12 spec fluids for the 722.6 trannies.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re SLK R170 '99 I was searching for the location of the fuse box not the obvious one under the hood the other one inside the car

well after a painful few hours I located them and took pictures of them for anyones reference.

it's beside the light switch but you must have the door open to see two fixing screws removal is with a small coin, and there is about ten fuses in there, hope you find this helpful

vic

·
Registered
12 Posts
picture of fuse box SLK R170

I am trying to upload a picture of a fuse box but seem to be experiencing some difficulty doing so

Vic

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,487 Posts
vicppl.

you probably do not have enuff posts. welcome 15 people and u will have 15 posts to do such things

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,529 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a 2001 SLK 200. I have noticed that my top goes down slower than usual. I did my research and came to the conclusion that the fluid in the hydraulic pump is very low to almost empty. I see no sign of spills whatsoever, so is this considered normal and just need to refill the fluid or is there more to it?

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Hi, I have a 2001 SLK 200. I have noticed that my top goes down slower than usual. I did my research and came to the conclusion that the fluid in the hydraulic pump is very low to almost empty. I see no sign of spills whatsoever, so is this considered normal and just need to refill the fluid or is there more to it?
Welcome from New Hampshire, you may want to ask this question in the R170 general discussion section. The fluid level that low is not normal, is there any oil stains on the head liner?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts