Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,148 Posts
stamnagathi,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.

If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under quick links when you leave.

Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
That fluid doesn't get used up. The only way it could be low is because of a leak or shoddy previous work in the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Folks,

slkworld.com forum is really useful for me, so I thought it would be nice to give something back. I have uploaded the WIS-EWANET EPC which I used EXTENSIVELY in my build to research various parts and part numbers.

The files links are located here:

Be warned that it is a LARGE download (12.5GB) and so it will take some time to download and extract.
Download each of the above parts and then extract them into a folder and to install it.
If you'll have some questions - pm me and i'll try to help.

·
94,148 Posts
this was covered before i think and deemed as an illegal download. i will let the other mods see it before they take action

and you do not have enuff posts to send or receive pms except to an admin/mod

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Is that any different from logging in to the EPC? It's free anyway for US addresses plus it comes directly from Mercedes and gets updated periodically.

Len

·
94,148 Posts
i understand from the discussion that the material on that site is copywrited. i might be mistaken. but it is free to peruse but not to download and 'hack' away. i am not above apologizing if i am wrong.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
funny... but I did't know it... Guy who sold me his car said nothing about this.
Crap... Thanks for information))) Anyway, this is really good program.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Leapyfish, in POST 12 This link doesn't work any more, at least I couldn't open it.
thanks for all your help.

Here's an MB site where you can download this (for free) with all the videos as well
http://www.mercedestechstore.com/r170.htm

and yes it will work on a mac.
I downloaded it, then unzipped it using stuffit expander
opened the R170 folder
then clicked on "start.html"

·
94,148 Posts
describe the link and we might have another source

·
Registered 2004 SLK320
80 Posts
R170 Head Unit / Radio Swap Links

There are a few sites around with this information, but I thought this would be a good place to put this. I also created this graphic to assist with my aftermarket head unit swap, which I'm attaching.

Also, here are some links I used for the swap:

DIY aftermarket head unit swap!!!
http://www.slk32.com/pages/radioupgrade/slkradioinstall.html
Radio Install Question

Hope this helps someone!
I’ve created an updated radio install thread

21 - 35 of 35 Posts