Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any suggestions or any advice on finding a warranty for a used vehicle.

Mine is a 2001.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,463 Posts
there are a couple of threads with some links to warranty plans. try a 'search' top right.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Used car warranties are like insurance. They are betting your car is going to be reliable, and you're worried it won't be.
I would ask the question of other 170 owners - how much are they paying on exceptional maintenance items (beyond oil changes etc)?
I think you'll find MB's reliable as long as they are cared for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Used car warranties are like insurance. They are betting your car is going to be reliable, and you're worried it won't be.
I would ask the question of other 170 owners - how much are they paying on exceptional maintenance items (beyond oil changes etc)?
I think you'll find MB's reliable as long as they are cared for.
Thank you. Well, I bought a used one over 70,000 miles. And it had a cracked coolant when I bought it and wasnt disclosed by the seller. So I think not knowing what other shotty fixes he did on the car, a warranty would be smart.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are a couple of threads with some links to warranty plans. try a 'search' top right.
Thank you, I looked before posting this thread. But I am having trouble differentiating between a warranty that applies for me since their are many extended warranty threads which I dont know apply to me or what would apply to me so I thought I would make a thread. I will look at the search some more, if you have any threads you would like to link me to I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.