Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know if it's a simple job to run two USB cables down from where the drinks holder/tray is at the top of the dash to where the back of the stereo is half way down? Is there anything behind the vents & heating controls that would stop me doing this?

I'm about to graft a USB charger to the back of the radio (+12V ignition) so I can charge my Sat Nav and/or phone when they're in the tray. This will stop me having to run cables from the centre console past the gear selector and controls.

Thanks in advance.

SavCom

·
*Premium Member
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @dan2c1

I know I can put a USB charger into the cigarette socket (I've already got one there at the moment) but I don't like having to run two cables from beside the handbrake and gear shift and then up the front of the centre console to power my sat nav and phone. In my tiny mind it's just messy and unnecessary.

I think I've sorted myself though - looking into where the radio goes there's room to put a small box with 12V in and fused USB power out that is connected to the 12V ignition feed to the car radio. I'll do that, write it up and post as a DIY.

Auto part Trunk Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper

Savcom

Reactions: dan2c1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.