Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
near Dayton.

This is NOT a definite by any stretch of the imagination that I/we are going. I haven't even mentioned this idea to my better half yet so it may be a no-go.

I remember visiting the museum about 10-15 years ago and was truly blown away by the artifacts housed there. I was really into airplane flight sims (specifcally IL2- @JG26_Irish knows what I'm talking about) at the time and found that one day just didn't do the museum justice.

ANYWAYS, I've suddenly got the urge to go on a week's or so trip to spend some time at the museum and other areas of interest in the neighbourhood.

My point: I was wondering (and this is extremely up-in-the-air) if there are suffcient members in the area who would like to get together and show me and my wife (and of course, Schwarzie :wink: ) around the town, enjoy the museum for a day or three and have some sort of get-to-know-you get together.

We are both retired and are free to come and go as we please. Schwarzie comes out of hibernation in April so anytime after that is good for us.

Is there any interest in a get-together??

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
near Dayton.

This is NOT a definite by any stretch of the imagination that I/we are going. I haven't even mentioned this idea to my better half yet so it may be a no-go.

I remember visiting the museum about 10-15 years ago and was truly blown away by the artifacts housed there. I was really into airplane flight sims (specifcally IL2- @JG26_Irish knows what I'm talking about) at the time and found that one day just didn't do the museum justice.

ANYWAYS, I've suddenly got the urge to go on a week's or so trip to spend some time at the museum and other areas of interest in the neighbourhood.

My point: I was wondering (and this is extremely up-in-the-air) if there are suffcient members in the area who would like to get together and show me and my wife (and of course, Schwarzie :wink: ) around the town, enjoy the museum for a day or three and have some sort of get-to-know-you get together.

We are both retired and are free to come and go as we please. Schwarzie comes out of hibernation in April so anytime after that is good for us.

Is there any interest in a get-together??
I'm interested. Las time I went there was a top down trip from Pittsburgh in my PT Cruiser Convertible 9 years ago or so.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you haven't been to the AF museum in 10-15 years, its time to go again. It has changed significantly since then. I went two months ago and barely recognized it. I could go again.

Let me know when you're going and I'll try to fit it into my schedule.

·
12,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me know when you're going and I'll try to fit it into my schedule.
You're only the 2nd to respond in a week so I have a feeling it'll be more of a spur-of-the-moment trip for us rather than planned ( unlike the Florida get-togethers: those require months of planning AND months of errr ahem nagging :wink:

Plus I guess most people are working so a day-visit is difficult for them.

I will advise though if/when we go. Obviously we'd spend at least 2 if not three days to visit the whole facility this time.

Thanks for responding :grin:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,062 Posts
You're only the 2nd to respond in a week so I have a feeling it'll be more of a spur-of-the-moment trip for us rather than planned ( unlike the Florida get-togethers: those require months of planning AND months of errr ahem nagging :wink:

Plus I guess most people are working so a day-visit is difficult for them.

I will advise though if/when we go. Obviously we'd spend at least 2 if not three days to visit the whole facility this time.

Thanks for responding :grin:
Hijack...you and Ranger Ken and Chelzee need to come on down

·
12,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hijack...you and Ranger Ken and Chelzee need to come on down
Well, it is a 24 hour drive for us ya know (although I was "lightly" thinking about your April visit) but other things are happening that require my attention.

And yes, I know it can be broken down into segments :surprise:

Some day :wink:

I just realized: if I drove economically (ya, I know--an impossibility :wink:), I could get down there on just a bit more than two tanks of gas. That just boggles the mind :grin:

When I had done a test drive last summer and filled up, it showed ~ 943 km to go on a full tank >:D

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,464 Posts
Just saw this, if you are still interested, depending on the date, I'm game. I do a lot of car shows during the year, and I have a track day scheduled for 1 May, but I'm always good for a get together.

·
12,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still am but still up in the air🤔

1 - 9 of 9 Posts