Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

I am looking for the interior piece that holds the chrome level of the door handle in place. Looking for the driver's side part for a 1998 SLK 170.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
24,285 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am looking for the interior piece that holds the chrome level of the door handle in place. Looking for the driver's side part for a 1998 SLK 170.
Same year, same problem. There are two plastic pins that hold the handle pivot in place - both of which were broken on mine. Looked all over the place, called several breakers, but couldn't find one. So I ended up ordering it at:

https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-bezel-1707600162
EDIT!!! Nope!!! This is NOT the part which holds the door handle. It's the darn decorative cover!!!

$60 was a bit rich for me, but I couldn't figure out any way to work around the issue. I was hoping I could maybe pin it all the way through, but the part is recessed and also would require the hole to be right in the reinforcing web. I'm guessing if you found an SLK at the breakers that there is a decent chance that plastic part is broken as well. The good news is that I don't think you're in danger of hurting anything or "pulling the door handle out" since it's just a pivot point. So if you're not too picky, so you could just use it "as is".

Dave O
'98 SLK 230

1 - 4 of 4 Posts