Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of you who have installed a plexiglass wind deflector may have the original mesh screen that snaps behind the seats, p/n 1718600274 or 6-7-81-2229. I vaguely recall from our 2005 SLK that it came with a stuff sack/bag which you can then store in the small pocket behind the seat. I need the mesh screen and bag, missing from our new to us 2009 SLK 300. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
@Riggodeaux , You may wish to post an email in this thread in the format

riggodeaux AT gmail DOT com (we will edit for you as you can't edit yet either)

(so bots can't grab your email)

as you need 15 posts to receive/send private messages (PM's). IN THE ALTERNATIVE, go welcome 5 new members as we welcomed you to get those extra posts to make up the 15 :tu:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Len, for the reminder. I'll get to 15 posts ASAP. I'm leery, even here, about posting an email address on a public forum, even if bot-proof!!! In the meantime, anyone with an OEM draught deflector they can spare let me know and I'll pm when I can!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still no joy finding the mesh wind deflector and bag. Anyone have one I could buy? She Who Must Be Obeyed prefers the mesh to a plexiglass deflector ......

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,540 Posts
Still no joy finding the mesh wind deflector and bag. Anyone have one I could buy? She Who Must Be Obeyed prefers the mesh to a plexiglass deflector ......
you can probably find on ebay
just be aware that there is a prefacelift and facelift version methinks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been looking on ebay. A dealer supplier says they can't find one anywhere. I expect we'll get the plexiglass aftermarket version folks seem to like, without lights, etc .....

·
93,540 Posts
Been looking on ebay. A dealer supplier says they can't find one anywhere. I expect we'll get the plexiglass aftermarket version folks seem to like, without lights, etc .....
do you mean sponsor Windrestrictor with member discount or
the mb oem one like I have?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking at windrestrictor, but a bit concerned about how it fastens, from reading the posts here. An OEM would be interesting, but for the price differential.

·
93,540 Posts
I'm looking at windrestrictor, but a bit concerned about how it fastens, from reading the posts here. An OEM would be interesting, but for the price differential.
price between oem and wr is not that much

and how it fastens is in the threads we provided...

did you check them out?

·
93,540 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a new in bag OEM glass restrictor. I sold my 2009 SLK 300 last month so I have no need for it.
Make me an offer.
I'll post some pics if you want.

I'm in Augusta so pretty easy to get it to you or meet half way between to save shipping.
Regards,
Mike

·
93,540 Posts
I have a new in bag OEM glass restrictor. I sold my 2009 SLK 300 last month so I have no need for it.
Make me an offer.
I'll post some pics if you want.

I'm in Augusta so pretty easy to get it to you or meet half way between to save shipping.
Regards,
Mike
he wants the mesh one per his post 1

if he does not want the oem glass, start a new for sale post and it will be bought quickly i am sure

·
93,540 Posts
Thanks Mike, sounds like a solution. Send me a private message and we can discuss price and a meet to pick it up.
I have the simple 5 seconds install instructions if you want em or he does not have it.

·
93,540 Posts
Mike, I pm'd you, though I don't see it in my sent box. Reach out when you get it.
you have to check the box that says

keep a copy in sent folder

in your usercp
edit your options
scroll down to messages

check the box

save

1 - 17 of 17 Posts