Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking for someone to take over my lease on a Black on Black 2016 Mercedes Benz SLK 300.

Leasing Company Mercedes Benz Financial
Monthly Payment (tax included) $550
Lease End Date May 28, 2019
Length of Lease (# total months) 36 Months
Mileage Allowance 30,000 miles
Current Mileage 16,000 miles

You'll have about 1000 miles allowance per month left
$550 is the monthly I pay with my current taxes (Yours may vary based on location)

You must be approved by Mercedes Benz Financial, all paperwork and transfer is done by Mercedes Benz Financial. You will be responsible for Mercedes Benz Financial Fees

No Test Drives, As with any lease takeovers NO TEST DRIVES due to insurance liability. We can schedule to meet for you to take a look. It's a lease completely under warranty.

Vehicle and myself located in Los Angeles California zip code 91780
Please contact my email DE31P5 @ Gmail (spaces added and .com removed to help avoid spam)

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,548 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number.
3. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
4. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
For whoever may be considering:

1) At the start of the lease, you guaranteed the value of the car at lease end (lease end value --ie: you can buy it/guarantee it's value for/is $XX,XXX)

or)

2) At the beginning of the lease, you did not guarantee the end value of the car and you can just walk (milage penalty if applicable). If MB wants to sell you the car (and you want to buy it), MB will sell it to you at a price THEY determine (or that you may be able to dicker down).

You have no obligation re: the value of the car at this point (other than any damages--security deposit will come into play).

It sounds like it is #2 as there is a mileage clause in your comments.

FYI

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. My lease contract does have a lease end buyout price. I will have to check exact amount on my contract when I get to it. I'm not sure if it is a difference between leasing country to country. We generally have a mileage limit that the bank uses to inform a residual value that directly affects the monthly lease payment calculations. In this case at the end of the lease you can either choose to buyout the car for the price listed in original contract, or walk away from car and pay mileage overage fees if applicable.

For whoever may be considering:

1) At the start of the lease, you guaranteed the value of the car at lease end (lease end value --ie: you can buy it/guarantee it's value for/is $XX,XXX)

or)

2) At the beginning of the lease, you did not guarantee the end value of the car and you can just walk (milage penalty if applicable). If MB wants to sell you the car (and you want to buy it), MB will sell it to you at a price THEY determine (or that you may be able to dicker down).

You have no obligation re: the value of the car at this point (other than any damages--security deposit will come into play).

It sounds like it is #2 as there is a mileage clause in your comments.

FYI

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
In this case at the end of the lease you can either choose to buyout the car for the price listed in original contract, or walk away from car and pay mileage overage fees if applicable.
Exactly. The "new" lessee would need to be aware of that buyout, especially if their intention is to buy it at lease end. :tu:

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
Exactly. The "new" lessee would need to be aware of that buyout, especially if their intention is to buy it at lease end. :tu:
One other point (which is VERY important for you): you need to ensure that MB Leasing will remove your name from the contract if you find someone to take over the lease. They may but it's not automatic.

If they won't and the other guy defaults, they're gonna come back to you for outstanding and future payments, regardless of whether you have the car or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.