Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
645 Posts
I'm all in! Maybe call or write to their convention office for a pitch. I know nothing about travel but seems to be a top choice. Probably crowded in season.

·
Registered 2016 SLK55 AMG w/P30
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am going to start some soft inquiries into lodging in northern Arkansas in early to mid october 2020. A nice fall foliage cruise through the ozarks sounds amazing and I dont think there is nearly enough interest at this early stage for a poll prior to preliminary planning. My plan is to drive up then fly my wife in for the weekend since she will be working, assuming I take a week off for it.

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
13 Posts
I'd be interested in attending a drive in meet. As a suggestion last weekend was at Fontana Lodge North Carolina , they cater to multiple single brand car groups and there are multiple driving roads in the area. (most famous Tail of the Dragon) .

Distance not much of a factor for me , it was 5400 km round trip to North Carolina.

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,440 Posts
I'd be interested in attending a drive in meet. As a suggestion last weekend was at Fontana Lodge North Carolina , they cater to multiple single brand car groups and there are multiple driving roads in the area. (most famous Tail of the Dragon) .

Distance not much of a factor for me , it was 5400 km round trip to North Carolina.
You do know we are having a get together and driving the Tail of the Dragon area the 18th 19th and 20th of this month don’t you?

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
13 Posts
You do know we are having a get together and driving the Tail of the Dragon area the 18th 19th and 20th of this month don’t you?
I saw a trip to the Snake mentioned , but I've just returned from North Carolina this weekend. I will go if its arranged for next year.

Attachments

·
Registered 2016 SLK55 AMG w/P30
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So unforrunately this is going to be a no-go, at least for me. Our hospital is on lockdown and everyone's vacation has been cancelled until summer at least. Due to that, those of us with fall vacation time planned have been told our weeks will be bumped to allow those that had their spring and early summer weeks cancelled to take theirs. This is going to bump my week for a fall meet and leaf peeping cruise to mid or even late winter.

Dang covid19 is ruinin all our fun!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts