Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Super Moderator
24,868 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

I know it's not you selling but for those viewing and thinking of selling/buying:

The for sale sections can only be edited by moderators.
Anyone wishing to use the Private message facility needs to have 15 post.
As does the person they PM.
Anyone can PM a moderator at any time.
When an item has been sold please let the mods know,
they will then close the thread.

·
Registered
48 Posts
price

Hi Everyone, I currently have a Black 06 350 and looking at upgrading to a right 55. My preferred colors are While or Red but this car looks really nice. kbb value of this car is around $26k and the dealer's listing price is at $32k. At what price this makes a great deal?

-Thanks.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,576 Posts
Dealer's always bump the price up, sometimes up by $10k

Make an offer and get it in writing

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
There are some possible red flags that I picked up in the 30 seconds I looked at this. Car was bought new in the Pittsburgh, PA area and stayed there until November 2016 when it was listed for sale. Then 1.5 months later a new owner is listed in WV and a new title is issued. About 3 weeks later and only 117 miles put on the car, it is once again listed for sale and this time it is in Ohio. Now - less than a month later, it is back in Wexford, PA (just north of of Pittsburgh) listed by another dealer.

On the surface this looks like a dream car. But, I would expect this car to be on a main dealer's lot such as MB, BMW, Audi or such, but instead it is bouncing around a bunch of small independent dealers which are in a whole different league (and typically not good) than the main dealers. Main dealers sell cars they don't want to keep on their lot at auction or to independent dealers. Most buyers at auctions are independent dealers. This car is like a problem child bouncing from one foster home to the next. If anyone here is serious about this car you should be asking LOTS of questions. Don't let the low mileage blind you.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mchild makes some good points, the history of my car was much less troubling. Having said that, these guys deal in a lot of high end cars, it's not your typical Indy lot

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
mchild makes some good points. But looking at the area the car traveled from sale to sale is only about 2 hours total distance from all four places listed. There are a lot of reasons it was sold and resold. One good point is the original owner had it for 7 years and only put 10k on it. The subsequent owners may have over paid for it and couldn't keep up the payments or it was more car than they could handle. I would definitely ask a lot of questions and negotiate a better price. But I wouldn't discount it from consideration.

·
Premium Member
11,166 Posts
Our 09 SLK 55 sat on the dealer lot 8-9 Months not sure why but we are very happy with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.