945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted 02-25-2018

For Sale:

Mercedes-Benz 2002 SLK32 AMG
Color: Sunburst Yellow
Interior Color: Black
Mileage: 58,000
Title: Florida title in hand, no leans or financed in any way.
Modifications: Yes, too many to list
Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport, 3 years old, only 300 miles on them so far
Brakes: New rotors and pads, cross-drilled, same 300 miles on them, installed same time as the tires.

Price: $11,000 USD firm.

Details:

With a heavy heart, it is time to sell my baby.

I will be spending most of my time overseas in Asia from now on and it simply does not make any sense to have my car in the garage and under a cover for 6+months at a time.
(I have put a total of 17 miles on her in 2017 and perhaps 180 total miles driven in 2016)

Maintenance regimen:

For the past year and a half, have been taking her up and down my street (get to the end, u-turn, repeat) at 25mph - 35mph until the engine temp warms up and stabilizes, then back into the garage every two weeks or so.
Battery tender hooked up and car is wiped down using a waterless wash solution. When the exhaust cools down, I cover the car again.

I am the third owner, purchased in July 2010 from a private seller in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Car is located in Los Angeles, CA.

I bought the car stock with the intention of doing a complete restoration and rebuild, which you can read about here in my SLKWorld build thread, which chronicles every event from the original purchase date to the latest mod.

http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r170/298105-jaes-slk32-build-thread.html

The car has been in numerous SLKWorld meet-ups in Florida as well as Southern CA over the years, but has never been tracked or abused.

Car has been heavily modified (see build thread for all mods) runs perfect and has been immaculately cared for, always garaged and detailed by myself, whom I consider to be a perfectionist and enthusiast detailer.
The paint is swirl-free and the car has never been through an automatic car wash, always hand washed and detailed using the highest quality soaps, polishes, waxes, coatings and cleaners.

I know I'm missing alot of information here, just don't want to overwhelm or repeat what's in my build thread already.

If seriously interested, please read or browse through the build thread linked above for some answers to your questions, then post your additional questions here or shoot me a PM here on the forum for any additional pics or questions you may have.
I am also open to answering your questions for serious inquiries over the phone if that's more comfortable for you.

I'd rather sell this car to a fellow SLKWorld enthusiast before I post this online on AutoTrader.

Thanks for reading, I hope she finds a good home and a new owner that will enjoy her as much as I did.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,548 Posts
Hi Jae! :D

In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Jae sorry to hear you're moving out if the country. Enjoyed meeting you on some of the socal runs. Beautiful car, hope it finds a good home.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
If the steering wheel wasn't on the wrong side, I could have been tempted by this, even if only as a longer-term investment opportunity (I've always loved the R170s in yellow, especially the SLK32s)! :D

Good luck with sale! :tu:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi Jae
Hope she's going to a good home !

If you were on this side of the pond, I can assure you she'd been sold a long time ago at that price :smile:

I'm sure I'm one of many that enjoyed your build thread Jae and still use it for reference. The contribution for all 170, and particularly 32 owners, was immense and I for one would like to thank you for all your time and efforts.
Whatever is further down the line for you, take care and stay in touch :tu:

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
Sorry to see you go, Jae. Your car is beautiful and immaculately maintained. I will fondly remember our 2 days working on my car's paint as well! It's still looking great. Good luck with your future endeavors.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Hi Jae:

I missed this FS post and I am bummed.... If the pending sale do fall through (fingers crossed), I will buy the car from you in CASH sight unseen. Will be in San Diego in a couple weeks from now, so happy to stop by and check it out as well.

Let me know either way...

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car sale was completed just an hour ago... sorry you missed it.

Please close thread, JB.

Thanks...

Jae

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,962 Posts
Thread closed..

Congratulations and best wishes from all of us!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.