Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, mine is a 2006 SLK200 kompressor, it the water temperature 95C normal?

Also, I experienced a 100C water temperature today and the water boiling signal appears when there is a traffic jam, I am not sure if thats normal

back to garage I check it with a computer, it says the fan is short circuited but the fan is moving, what should I do now??

take care and all the best everyone!!!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,224 Posts
95 to 100 is acceptable but if you are getting warnings on the dash then sorting that out is necessary. Did the temp keep climbing while you were in traffic or just up to 100C*? If you checked it with a scan tool other than MB Star/DAS then the report may be inaccurate.

·
Registered 2006 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
95 to 100 is acceptable but if you are getting warnings on the dash then sorting that out is necessary. Did the temp keep climbing while you were in traffic or just up to 100C*? If you checked it with a scan tool other than MB Star/DAS then the report may be inaccurate.
thanks for your reply, it just happened once during the traffic jam and the water boiling sign is gone after 5 seconds. when I start to use the highway again, it drops to 90C again.

I go to the garage and check it with a scanner and it says the fan is short circuited. I clear the code afterwards and it doesnt reappear.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,224 Posts
Could you tell if the electric radiator fan was working when the dash light came on? The fan can move a lot of air and it should have been running fast enough that you could hear the sound of it.

·
Registered 2006 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you tell if the electric radiator fan was working when the dash light came on? The fan can move a lot of air and it should have been running fast enough that you could hear the sound of it.
yes the fan behind the radiator is working

·
Registered 2006 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the fan is working but I am not sure if the fan is on when the dash light is on

but when i open the hood and check and fan is working properly

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,224 Posts
I would not do that just yet. You have cleared the code so watch it and monitor what the fan is doing as the temp climps up and watch the highest the temp gets to. You may want to test it sitting in front of your home. Let it run and watch what it does.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,224 Posts
@Wesley Lam - if you get a fault code again please provide the code here and we can give you some steps to test and confirm what is going on with the fan. There are fault codes dealing with shorts for the fan.

·
Registered 2006 SLK200
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Wesley Lam - if you get a fault code again please provide the code here and we can give you some steps to test and confirm what is going on with the fan. There are fault codes dealing with shorts for the fan.

the fault code i saw is (201F-2) and (M4/7), but I am not sure the code is universal of not.... thanks mate!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,224 Posts
the fault code i saw is (201F-2) and (M4/7), but I am not sure the code is universal of not.... thanks mate!
The code is a MB code and reports that it sees a short on the ground side. Provide your VIN and I will get the testing steps for that fault code for your specific car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts