Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to go and buy a 2007 SLK 200.
The dealer told me they all have Mercedes version of a triptronic gearbox (G7? touchchange?) I have having some difficulty finding any info on this.
the one i am buying seems to have a standard auto box (5 speed)
I'm buying the car anyway, just don't want to be blagged out of extra cash, they are already silly money to buy here. 2007 1.8L R171 65,000 Pounds!!!!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum.... :)

Where is here?

Updating your profile to include your location will help people to better answer your question..

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologies, i have only just registered. As my nick suggests, I am in Thailand but all SLKs are brought in from Germany direct.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
Wow, I had no idea Mercedes was still using 5 speed austos on any of their newer cars. Does the 200 get it just to keep the price down, or because the engine can't power the G7?

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
well the SL65 still uses the 5 speed auto

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from California.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm buying the car anyway, just don't want to be blagged out of extra cash, they are already silly money to buy here. 2007 1.8L R171 65,000 Pounds!!!!
Is that UK Pounds??????

Have you thought about buying one from Australia and having it shipped up, it will be a lotless than ₤65,000.

At the current UK/AUD exchange rate, youcould get an Australian SLK200 Kompressor 2008 for ₤39,199.40. (1 AUD = 0.560072 GBP http://www.xe.com)

Surely you could get it shipped up for less than ₤20,000.

You still get it cheaper and you get a 2008 model.
Car Point Australia

You might as well look at a 280 or 350 then hehe

CM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.