Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vehicle (front bumper) was hit while parked. Their insurance is covering everything. However, the collision shop just informed me that Mercedes (in the U.S. and Germany) does NOT have any direct replacements!! They're telling me that the bumper that they'll send is "different", and requires new parts to install. They don't even know if it'll LOOK the same.

Anyone have any knowledge and/or advice to share? I'll be checking online to see if anyone else may have the part, and/or just try to fix it... Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hi All

I must of had the last two in the world . I do have two damaged SLK 55 AMG front bumpers in my garage & I have had two new front bumpers on my SLK over the last 6 months . @SoopRoop How damaged is your front bumper is it a complete write off. there are some very good repair bonds/ filler etc.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response! To answer your question (about the status of my bumper), it's got a small (2") tear in the edge facing the driver's side front tire, and there are some heavy scrapes under the bumper (while I'm exceedingly careful, you cannot put nearly 100k miles on a car and not have at least a couple mishaps...).

I asked about fixing it. They've ordered the bumper (from Germany). We'll see what it's like when we get it. Unfortunately, as a special order, they won't be able to return it. We'll determine if they can fix it, when we get to that bridge.

There are some used ones on ebay. Though, we really don't know what condition they're in. Maybe, if I can find one here in Orlando...?

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Remove it, find the marks that indicate what it's made of, and call around to find a body shop that can repair that materiel. Many body shops won't repair panels, only replace. Ask around and find one that will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts