Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently bought a `07 SLK 55 AMG with every package fully loaded. Awaiting delivery right now, I will post up pictures as soon as it gets here. I recently sold my CTS-V gen 1 caddy. How does the SLK compare in performance?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,517 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

You cannot compare the two. Hope you took a test drive in your new slk or one similar?

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Conratulations on the 2007 SLK 55. You'll like it better than the CTS-V. My wife had a 2003 CTS, appearance wise it looked like a CTS-V. The V is great performance wise, four door and it will seat five. The SLK 55 is a performance car with drop dead looks and top. Great combination. Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I test drove a slk350 and loved it. I had to get the AMG though. Heres some info on the car:
2007 MERCEDES BENZ SLK55 AMG ROADSTER MARS RED OVER BLACK LEATHEr, *18" PERFORMANCE PKG AMG WHEELS... *PREMIUM PACKAGE... *P030 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE, *6 DISC CD CHANGER, *HARMON KARDON/LOGIC 7 SURROUND SOUND, *COLD WEATHER PACKAGE/HEATED FRONT SEATS.. *HEAT VENTILATED HEADRESTS... *CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM.. *DVD COMMAND NAVIGATION... *ACTIVE SATELLITE SIRRIUS RADIO... *TINTED WINDOWS.... *SUEDE/LEATHER STEERING WHEEL W/ PEDAL SHIFTERS... *BREMBO BRAKES... *REAR SPOILER... *XENON HEADLAMPS... *AMG TUNED EXHAUST...
From the auction. My fathers a dealer and I bought it through him. Car looks amazing!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I do have a question, maybe one of you can answer it. I would like to achieve the same output as the black series SLK. Any way to get the manifolds and the ECU program from the series?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California. To get black series parts, MB won't ship Black Series parts without a valid VIN.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon!
Kleeman headers and tune, high flow secondary cats and x-pipe will get you close.
If you can get the Kleeman air filter boxes (not advertised by Kleemann) you will be on par.
After that all you need is a Quaife.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon!
Kleeman headers and tune, high flow secondary cats and x-pipe will get you close.
If you can get the Kleeman air filter boxes (not advertised by Kleemann) you will be on par.
After that all you need is a Quaife.
Sounds good but aftermarket parts for this car are outrageously expensive. Seems like I am going to have to do some shopping around.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts