Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made a newbie mistake and didn't keep track of where each bolt came from. Does anyone have a diagram of which bolt goes where on the upper oil pan for a 2004 slk? There are 3 different lengths of bolts minus the larger ones that connect to the transmission. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New to the group and glad to see that everyone is helpful. About the car, I bought a 2004 SLK 320LE that the previous owner ran over a parking block and trashed both oil pans. First time MB owner but my prize is my 1929 Tudor street rod.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,357 Posts
New to the group and glad to see that everyone is helpful. About the car, I bought a 2004 SLK 320LE that the previous owner ran over a parking block and trashed both oil pans. First time MB owner but my prize is my 1929 Tudor street rod.
If no one chimes in with specifics you can always measure the depth on each hole that receives a bolt and use that as your guide as to which bolt for which location. If the hole is not blind (bolt can come out the other end) then the measure would be to the point where the bolt would start to come out of the hole.

You may already have this, but there appears to be three lengths 20, 40, and 90mm. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out which goes where. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,440 Posts
You'll just have to run them up individually and if they bottom out, then try a shorter one. based on a few pictures I have of one of these engines removed, it appears all the side bolts are the same length, and the longer ones go in the front (timing cover) and most likely the back near the flywheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't think of a depth gauge , I already have most of the bolts back in and was hoping to not have to revisit each one. But thank you , I will first check the ones by the timing cover. I will say that I was rather shocked at how many bolts are in that upper pan. Thank you both again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.