Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Had my drive for around 6 months now, it's been fun and still is, but not to make it more fun by starting to fine tune this great machine!

I'm looking to see if there is anything I can do to fix interior flaky issues you see in the images.

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,606 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just did mine - get your data card, order your paint off ebay, and go for it. Only advice I can give - clean it really well, I can see a bit of color difference on the old Vs. the new - but for 25 bucks my interior looks waaaaaaaay better. You can tape off most of it and use soap and water. Took two evenings and about 8 beers to complete! good luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
If your charcoal seats have white crack scratches especially the bolsters turning white, etc. you'll find Color Bond LVP Leather, Vinyl and Plastic Refinisher blends in perfectly and lasts a long time. Only thing I don't know is how well it might work over oily leather treatments, but can say on dried out leather it refinishes nicely and is dry instantly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Vinyl-Plastic-Re-Finisher-Spray-Paint-For-Auto-Car-Interior-Black/183102859710?hash=item2aa1c7e9be:g:CCwAAOSwj4lamEwU

RobertP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts