Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm a new member. I've been lurking for quite a while and used this forum for quite a few repairs and updates I needed on my car, which have been super helpful. I have 2002 SLK32. I have decided to upgrade the audio head unit in the car since the original is a tape deck and I would like to have bluetooth/mp3 etc. in the car as well. I have searched and searched and searched to no avail about my question. So hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

My car has the Audio 30 head unit, with Harman Kardon logic 7 surround sound.

I have seen tons of threads about the Bose system but cant seem to find any with this option. I decided to purchase my stereo through Crutchfield and they shipped the radio with supposedly everything I need. Antenna adapter, harness adapter, radio keys and a Scosche adapter to convert speaker connections to line-level preamp connections. This is where I am stumped.

Do I need to install this Scosche adapter with the Harman Kardon system like other have with Bose? Also I cant seem to find pictures of this installed in anyone's descriptions of head unit installs. I'm trying to figure out how I wire this up. Thank you for any help in advance!

·
Professional Troublemaker
257 Posts
Have you called Crutchfield's tech support? I have found them easy to deal with and will do everything they can to help you out your installation questions.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You should throw some pics into this thread from what you see. Maybe even get pics from the Bose thread to compare. I would think the colored wires would match from the factory, it is just identifying the wires on your new head unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try to get it figured out this weekend. If I can't I will give Crutchfield a phone call and see what they can help me with. Once I get it figured out I will post some pictures with my findings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.