Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i am looking to upgrade to an SLK R171.

My requirements are that its automatic and 4 cyld

I have some questions that i am finding difficult to research the answers.

1. there have been a number of variations released during the SLK R171 what build year / month were these variations released ?
2. Were the variations only cosmetic changes to the body of where there also changes internally re features and optional extras
3. When was SatNav ever a standard feature or is that always an option at time of purchase

My SLK 1999 has suffered terribly from dashboard paint peel, something i still cannot get my head around how such a stuff up could occur on a vehicle that had a $100,000 price tag way back in 1999.

Are there any known issues with the SLK R171 that one needs to keep an eye out for when buying one, I will be looking for one that has between 45,000km - 65,000km.

Any words of wisdom regarding the above would be appreciated

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,735 Posts
please use our 'search' feature, top right for all your questions, as they have been asked before

some kind souls will respond

the 05 had oil consumption issues, again a search will show those

here is 05/06 model info:

http://www.billsden.org/mercedes/slk/docs/#dtb

·
92,735 Posts
not the same info but leapyfish's sig block has good links for r170. let me find it for you

·
92,735 Posts

·
92,735 Posts
and going forward, you should post your questions in the appropriate section, ie.,:

post r170 questions usually in the r170 general discussion forum
post r171 questions in the r171 general discussion
post australia question in this section, but unless it is about a repair shop or where to buy something locally, you might want to post in one of the above sections

Again, Welcome to our forum!

·
92,735 Posts
ok then...some 05 (not mine or yours) did not!

really? 4 cylinders? oh my! i feel badly now. just thought the 230 was the only 4 cylinder. leave it to Master Po to know all

Engine 1.8 L I4
3.0 L V6
3.5 L V6
5.4 L V8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts