Administrator - Founding Member
92,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everybody be safe!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Usually that's a high-pressure area parked there, but, interestingly, I see now it's low - which should actually have the effect of drawing Dorian more northerly than the usual westerly, right? I'm not a weatherman, but I did stay in a Motel 6 last night.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If nothing changes between now and Monday morning (figure the odds) looks like it will come ashore around Cape Canaveral...I was thinking of heading over to visit Jeff & Marykay/Kevin...maybe grab a beer and burger at Fords...well see

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,824 Posts
If nothing changes between now and Monday morning (figure the odds) looks like it will come ashore around Cape Canaveral...I was thinking of heading over to visit Jeff & Marykay/Kevin...maybe grab a beer and burger at Fords...well see

Our door is always open for you and Cathy, that is if it's still standing! Polk County seems to attract hurricanes, and this one is no different!

·
Registered
630 Posts
My feeling is landfall south of Vero Beach and dissipating rapidly. That is over 100 miles from here. Florida is a BIG state.
My feeling landfall at Stuart/Jensen Beach, the veering north along the ridge category 1 by wednesday

·
6007.us
2,608 Posts
That veering North is what concerns me though once over land winds should dissipate quickly. The key is that veering. Just a few degrees will make all the difference to me. Big unknown is the effect of the central Florida highlands, has never been a factor before. So now its Tuesday or Wednesday, wonder if the media can keep lemmings panicked that long.

·
Registered
630 Posts
As of the 11 pm report pressure now down to 948 MB...this storm is certainly for real...we may hey come visit our friends on the west coast (of Florida)...we'll stay in touch

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
I wonder if Sarge is out there waxing ( just 1 more coat just 1 more coat just 1 more coat.... almost done almost done ........) while he keeps an eye on the wax to see in which direction it fly,s off to give us up to the second wind speed and directions :wink::grin::laugh::laugh:

·
92,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder if Sarge is out there waxing ( just 1 more coat just 1 more coat just 1 more coat.... almost done almost done ........) while he keeps an eye on the wax to see in which direction it fly,s off to give us up to the second wind speed and directions :wink::grin::laugh::laugh:
As requested Daniel

Attachments

·
92,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
weatherchannel free on sirius/xm 105. no subscription needed due to dorian

·
92,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1 - 20 of 21 Posts