Mercedes SLK World banner

Updated 10/5/23: Is 5612 coats of wax too many?

26K views 114 replies 31 participants last post by  jbanks15 
#1 · (Edited)
I've had my car 15 years and have waxed it 5612 times.
I don't think that is too much. Do you?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Unless you can post 2967 dfferent pics :surprise: each time you performed this wax job to support your claim, it didn't happen :wink:
Standby for pics
I have your email address
I hope you have enough space in your mailbox

nope...mailbox quota exceeded

#5 ·
Work at White Castle Daniel....

#14 ·
Don't drive in the rain

If I do, I go fast enuff for the rain not to land :D

#16 ·
Don't believe a word of this, however IF it takes you just half an hour to whip round with some wax x 2967 that's nearly 1500 hours of waxing. Given there's 48 half hours per week = 336 hours which means you have spent a total of 14 days waxing. Take an hour to wax & you have spent 28 days waxing, nearly a month. Mind you maths was & still is my worse subject.
I was once told that too many layers of wax means the suns rays get magnified & can burn the paint or at least accelerate loss of colour. Think all those red cars that go pink within a few years.

#17 ·
We have no sun in Floriduh :D

#19 · (Edited)
Update: Is 3147 coats of wax too many?

Update:

I've had my car 9 years and 3 months and have waxed it 3147 times.
I don't think that is too much. Do you?

#21 ·
Wax On - Wax Off

If just 1/1000 of a millimetre ( just 1 micron ) is left behind, the layer is 3mm thick, and the car is 6mm wider and longer.

This would be visible, so clearly, what is left behind is much less than this,
and so Jeff also has the best waxed Garage floor in Florida from the wax brushed off.

I'll leave it to someone who does more waxing than me to calculate how many litres ( or US gallons ) of wax this amounts too.

#23 ·
Fuel mileage? what's that?

#25 ·
I take off for Daniel's Birthdays and when I go to Vegas without the car :D

#27 ·
Dec 17-20.....