Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sydney SLK substitute Wiseman's Ferry run for Mt. Tomah Nov. 3

WISEMAN'S FERRY REPLACING MT. TOMAH FOR SYDNEY SLK GROUP DRIVE ON 3/11/2013 -
As a result of severe bushfire activity in the Blue Mountains the Mt. Tomah venue has been changed to Wiseman's Ferry with lunch following at the Riverside Oaks Golf Club in Cattai.

MEET: 10am in GREENSHADES CAFE, Galston & Arcadia Rds. Galston..

ACCESS: From Galston Gorge, turn left at the Galston/ArcardiaRds roundabout. From Parramatta and west travel via Dural, pass thru Galston Village and turn right at the Galston/Arcadia Rds roundabout

PARKING: Park in line on the grass verge beyond the entry to the Greenshades off street parking area.

DEPART: 11am via Arcadia Rd. and Old Northern Road to Wiseman's Ferry for a break, then return and veer off at Maroota for the Riverside Oaks Golf Club lunch venue.

NUMBERS ATTENDING: SEVEN owners notified their participation and we have a table booked for lunch. Please PM me if you are not an existing member of the group but intend coming.

If we don't see you on the day, enjoy your SLK!

Sean MacC

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This event was very successful! See the photos in the Australia/New Zealand section.
Sean

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
This event was very successful! See the photos in the Australia/New Zealand section.
Sean
Can you provide a link? I couldn't find them. Happy to see that you guys had an event. I think there've been people trying to organize one for a long time. And very sorry to hear about all the fire activity. It's quite horrendous... :(

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you provide a link? I couldn't find them. Happy to see that you guys had an event. I think there've been people trying to organize one for a long time. And very sorry to hear about all the fire activity. It's quite horrendous... :(
Hi Durkation, the photos are in the Regional section immediately under MB Events the first being Aus/NZ, but posted under Sydney SLK members - Growing. Here is the link;
http://www.slkworld.com/australia-new-zealand/103162-sydney-slk-members-growing.html

Sean

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,826 Posts
Hi Guys, it looks like you had a great day! There are so many members from your area (especially new ones) that your outings should get larger and larger!

Great itinerary...good job organizing!

The roads there seem awesome! Why did you all get pulled over???

Please post more pics!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We could say the police were captivated by the sight of the magnificent SLK cars, but the truth is more mundane. We have random breath testing for driving above the alcohol limit and were stopped for a routine morning after the night before test. We all passed, but we did get appreciative comments about the cars.
Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts