Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well......a couple things.

First:

The NOS install should start in a couple of weeks. We will be setting it up to do a 150 shot but will most likely be running a 75 to 100 shot setup which will be rpm actuated, it will open up and start spraying at 3k rpm and stop spraying 500 rpm before redline. There isn't enough space to do a direct port injection so they will be adding a nozzle for each sdie of the block. I explained it in my other thread.

Second:

Getting the whole front half of the car repainted due to chips and minor scratches.
Spoke with my shop and they recommended the guy who I'm taking it to and said to expect 10k for the whole car. The paint guy (Randy) said that the whole car would be 6500.00 not 10k because the car existing paint and body is in very good condition. He then told me that the back really doesn't need painting because there aren't any chips or scratches back there so we have decided to only do the front half. Plus I don't want to spend almost 7k on a paint job.
It will be going in right after the NOS install. The guy who is painting it does show car type painting. It will run me $2500.00 for this paint job.

Hmmmmm....Maybe we'll talk about adding something to the car instead of all plain black.

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
One suggestion : STORM RED, I cannot get enough of that color. Do the whole car and then sell it to me, with all you have done, the project would be complete. Good luck with the work.:tu:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Pearlescent. You know the multi color paint when you look at it from different angles!?

U really have an opportunity if your gunna change your paint to do something crazy with the car.

Maybe metal or gold flakes in the black paint? Maybe some sort of design?

Up to you, for me, I would just put a really cool black on it. and then right after I get it i would of thought of something cool.

OH FLAMES! ya right....

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,055 Posts
phantom flames, or pearl black is my vote.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
actually phantom flames wouldnt be that bad, or if you just had the outside pinstriped, so the black is till constant.

But definatly get a pearl or metallic color.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hey Scott, won't them flames make the car hot inside? And ghosts have sceered me since I was little, How about a Ghost Gurl maybe a picture of yor wife, then when I buy the car from you I can tell everyone the fat gurl with me is just a friend and my wife is at home but heres her pitur. :biglaugh: Huny Im kiddin, you ain't That fat, just overly plump. and them bumps on your forhead ain't hardly noticable now. :hb:

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Scott, won't them flames make the car hot inside? And ghosts have sceered me since I was little, How about a Ghost Gurl maybe a picture of yor wife, then when I buy the car from you I can tell everyone the fat gurl with me is just a friend and my wife is at home but heres her pitur. :biglaugh: Huny Im kiddin, you ain't That fat, just overly plump. and them bumps on your forhead ain't hardly noticable now. :hb:
HaHa.....lol....You guys are bad.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone seems to like flames of some sort.

I'm actually not a "Flame" any kind of fan but I'll talk with the guys and see what they say.

Thanx for your inputs.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i was actually half joking. But they would be cool. It just seems when you have such an opportunity, u feel like you have to do something instead of just doing a nice black paint job.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was actually half joking. But they would be cool. It just seems when you have such an opportunity, u feel like you have to do something instead of just doing a nice black paint job.
Exactly.....and doing something like that would most likely double or triple the price of the paint job.

I personally want to check into very slight gold flake with the black.

Where you won't see it until you get right up on it and that shouldn't take the cost up too high.

Will keep everyone updated.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Everyone seems to like flames of some sort.

I'm actually not a "Flame" any kind of fan but I'll talk with the guys and see what they say.

Thanx for your inputs.
Me neither, flames are more for muscle cars IMO, not for classy european cars. get black with metallic flakes.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
ya thats the way to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.