Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*Registered
2012 SLK200
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've searched far and wide to identify my HU. My VIN says audio 20 and with becker map pilot unit in the dash. So it's not a comand. It also doesn't have an sd-card slot on the front of the HU. It has the yellow/brown color scheme and no way to change this. The car was made in 2012. And there I have a problem. The pictures on the internet say the ntg 4.5 has an SD-card slot in the front and the 4.0 does not. On the other hand the sources on the internet say the 4.5 was introduced in 2011. The manual is from 2010. It has naviagation voice control and usb in the armrest. Bleutooth phone and bleutooth audio. So now I don't know (for sure) wich I have. Is there a way to confirm it? (engineering menu or other?).

I've read (almost) everything and still have doubts about the version I have. Please help

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle

And if I know which one I have. Is it possible to update the system? I've read there is a telematics disk tot update it (and have acces to another color scheme). To be clear, not update the nvaigation (the dealer has done this by inserting a new sd-card in the dashboard module), but update the firmware of the audio 20.

·
*Registered
2012 SLK250CDI
569 Posts
I have the same year car but the screen does not have the same colours on the display as yours has. I believe the firmware on the Audio 20 can be updated which was done to mine by the supplying dealer when I got it.

·
*Registered
2012 SLK200
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would think you have the Becker Map Pilot, there is a slot in the glove box where you plug in the Becker module. Look in the top left corner of your glove box for a connection for the module. The module is about 2x3 inches.
Yes, It has the becker module. But the navi is up to date. The dealer updated the maps and I got a box with a new sd-card in it.

Is this something the dealer does? update the firmware? Is this expensive?

I updated the comand in my 171, this was with a dvd. Should this be the same process or is it different?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts