Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are back home in Bangkok. We flew from Miami to London on Friday night. After spending about 10 hours in London we flew to Bangkok. Due to the 11 hour time shift I woke up at 3 AM this morning.....OK, I went to bed last night at 9 PM so I only have myself to blame.

The British Airways lounge in London is one of the best in the world. It used to be the Concorde lounge before the plane was put into mothballs....but, it still has its name.

What does this have to do with SLKs? Well the place, like the SLK, is really classy. The complimentary Champagne allowed me to 'relax' in front of the plasma screen Manchester United game while my wife shopped in Terminal 4.

The long flight from London to Bangkok was uneventful (we did not crash :burnout: ).

Last night I unzipped both our Bangkok cars (S and SLK) from their protective coverings. Both started perfectly. I don't have a trickle charger for them (unlike what I have on the SL) as our house keeper starts them once a week while we are gone.

Right now I am killing time until the Shangri La hotel opens for breakfast. As we live right next door to the Shangri La it is more convenient than going to the market (Yes, we had nothing in the fridge but cheese and wine.....and since I had my last glass of wine before going to bed---one of many during the past 36 hours---I figured it would not be a very good wake-up beverage).

It's now almost 5 AM. Maybe I will have that glass of wine....nah, better not.

Anyway, happy Monday to everyone! Yes, it is Monday here.

And in just 5 more days Songkran starts. My very best holiday!

Attachments

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on completing a fine trip mate. Looks like you did it in luxury. ;) the only way if possible I bet.
Even though we can just as easily fly Thai Airways to the US (it even has a non-stop BKK to JFK flight) we prefer BA. On 3 of the 4 roundtrip legs we are flying at night so the time passes faster. Also, I like changing planes at Terminal 4...plenty of duty free shopping for the wife...and a really great lounge.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
BA is sometimes an great airline. I've flown the Texas > Gatwick > Manchester route countless times and tried the alternatives and it became a much harder journey. I'd ratther pay the extra and fly BA even though they are rip-off jockeys most of the time.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Always nice to be home. Glad your trip was guuuud. I thought 4 hours to Denver was a drag, been a long time since traveled a distance like you. Too old for that without sleeping aids. Welcome home and Happy Holiday in Bangkok, I'm jealeous. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :tu:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
looks like a great time.

I used to fly from JFK and LaGaurdia to england, then to Italy.

Jet lag is one a horrible thing for me, took me awhile to adjust.

·
Registered
72 Posts
jet lagged here too

hey mate, opposite side of the world but the same feeling.

Wife and I just flew in from NYC.Left there at 23.00 and arrived here at 13.00, so trying to stay awake until this evening. Ordinarily not so bad but did the w/e in NY after a week in Tokyo where I had awful lag and went 44 hrs without any sleep.

Sure all of this is not good for the body and on top of that I'm growin too old :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.