Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so I found out that my stock alarm brain is dead, and I don't want to spend 500$ on a new one, as well on a used one which I cant trust with all the problems I have been seeing with everyone r170 problems with the stock alarm brain.

so my question is.. can I buy an aftermarket alarm system, have it installed without having the stock alarm brain installed in the car?

Thanks!~

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes you can, check out some videos in you tube, but the one that I saw had a dowontech st 800 car alarm which has the smart key system installed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like that idea, not bad on the price as well. but how hard well it be to install this model in a slk 230?

·
Registered
268 Posts
From what I've read and asked from the one selling the st800 here in our country, its a hard install, you need to have expertise on installing alarm systems or least understand how they work. But it does come with an instruction manual.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, so one more question, do you have a link to that site, where I can but this unit... I looked all over the web, but no luck in finding it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.