Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the problem of time on my hands before getting my car....

Is the dealer experience different when buying an AMG model before, during, or after the sale (service too) vs. non AMG versions?

I don't mean to separate the SLK experience- any MB is fine, I'm just curious if the dealer does.

Or are they all just hunks of metal with price tags to them....

-Doug

D

·
0 Posts
All just hunks of metal from most places.

You get a dealers who will sell you an S65 and treat you like a king or will sell you a C180 and treat you like a king, or one that will sell you an S65 and be done with you or will sell you a C180 and be done with you.

Some places sell high-end cars different because the buyers tend to be minted and excellent service will probably mean they will return but i do mean high end we are talking S and maybe CL here the SLK55 even totally specced with everything is still a cheap car to people who knock things out at 100's of K's most days.

The SLK55 is a wonderful car but i always remember my uncle and father talking about service levels my dad received when he had his M3 a while back before we even opened the shop and my uncle said to him "yeah its a beautiful machine but its the baby of the bunch they sell so many they don't see them the same as you do its just a number on a tally sheet not a living thing" and so is the SLK to us its a living thing that needs to be treated as such to a dealer its metal and needs to be sold.

The car is metal and your a number, sorry if this disappoints mate it was not meant to be like that its just the reality of the situation if you where buying a Bugatti it might be different but thats life i guess.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, no worries for me Dan.

I expected as much, but hoped the dealer experience would be better from MB than the 2 experiences (3 including the Shelby screwjob ) I've had with the Ford dealer.

D

·
0 Posts
Ah, no worries for me Dan.

I expected as much, but hoped the dealer experience would be better from MB than the 2 experiences (3 including the Shelby screwjob ) I've had with the Ford dealer.
I hope you get one of the treat you like a king dealers mate!

Regards,
Dan

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Everytime I go visit my dealer I see SL65 or similar price cars ($180,000 plus) with a sold tag, it seems like just another car, the sales people there are immune to those prices, it doesn't seem special anymore but my dealer's service is still top notch regardless of model. Every dealer is different I guess.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I perosnally receive fantastic treatment from my MB dealer. Whether you own a c180 or a CLS55AMG your equal. everyone sits in the same waiting area, gets same coffee...seen as quick as possible. its a great service and i prefer it that way.
however when buying my car BMW garage just ignored me when i was asking about M3, they basically showed me the door, whilst MB were great, that also helped make my mind up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.