Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Looking for some advice on the location of 2 rubber stops that appear to have come dislodged from my roof mechanism.
The stops in question appeared inside the boot (trunk) compartment one day and look like they may be from the underside of the parcel shelf!

One new symptom possibly related to this is when lowering the roof into the boot: When in stowed position the parcel shelf now bangs down quite loudly on top of the roof and leaves an unsightly rubber mark across the paintwork.
I will try and attached a picture showing said stops and eagerly wait your help.
Thanks in advance from Scotland.
Joe.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Unfortunately I don't possess an R170, so I think we will have to wait until some of our R170 experts arrive. Have you tried finding any positions where your trunk is now contacting and finding lines that correlate to that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I had a check but nothing looks out of place or obviously missing!
Had a neighbour stop by with his 170 and got him to retract his roof whilst I checked but still nothing.
Thanks again Joe. :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantastic.

Thanks very much GusSLK. And a picture into the bargain.
Will have a look, replace and let you know how I get on.
Cheers again Joe. :Beer:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Guys,
Looking for some advice on the location of 2 rubber stops that appear to have come dislodged from my roof mechanism.
The stops in question appeared inside the boot (trunk) compartment one day and look like they may be from the underside of the parcel shelf!

One new symptom possibly related to this is when lowering the roof into the boot: When in stowed position the parcel shelf now bangs down quite loudly on top of the roof and leaves an unsightly rubber mark across the paintwork.
I will try and attached a picture showing said stops and eagerly wait your help.
Thanks in advance from Scotland.
Joe.

Can anyone please tell me the part number of these 2 rubber stops as I do not appear to have any and they may help with the rattles?

Many thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Update

Just to let people know, I ordered the part from the MB dealership in Tonbridge on Monday. They said the didn't have any in stock so they would have to come from Germany.

At £1.80 plus vat each I gave it a go expecting them to say they will be here in a couple of weeks or so.

Well fan my brow, I received a phone call from their parts department today Wednesday to say they were in.

Now for the princely sum of under £5 I was very please with the service they gave me and it fixed the rattle as well. Result!!

Just goes to show that not all MB dealerships are a waste of time and money. Well £5 for 2 rubber bits is quite expensive, but who cares if they work.

Steve

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Glad to hear - hope they solve your problem. I have found that for Parts the M-B dealership in my home town is pretty reasonable. It's the labor charges for service that are outrageous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.