Mercedes SLK World banner

How do you I use an accelerator, for example... when moving off?

• a) Normally.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b) Doesn't matter, automatic box has it's own free will.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, you may know me from such introductory posts as this one:

It's been a month since I bought my first car, which I thought was cool because it came pre-stanced but turns out it's just the front springs were busted.

That's it in front of my prestigious apartments...

I'd just been using it to help a slightly-impressed girl on various errands in town, and didn't notice its apparent springlessness until I decided to make a sharp turn on top of a speedbreaker, upon which a bit of the inside of the front-right wheel-well became dislodged and is now on the outside.

The girl is very delicately-weighted so I decided this was unusual and the car is now in an approved MB garage in Ibrox (Glasgow UK).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the Garage charged me 600 quid to replace the front springs (mb parts), perform a cat C service (replace air filter), repack the front-left wheel bearing and custom build a bracket for the exhaust because the original mounting points were too corroded. Or something.

Anyway, I made 750 quid that day betting that Man City would Beat Man United so overall I'm still ahead.

Took my personal Greek pharmacist for a drive up to Balloch yesterday - only an hour away on the motorway and not particularly interesting. Too cold to take the top down still, but she got some of the convertible experience because there's some wind coming in the passenger side door. She paid for a tank of petrol and lunch so was ahead overall again.

Next job is to look at that door seal.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Translation service... Greek pharmacist? You seem a lucky fellow, winning on footy, and apparently dating a gal that buys your gas and lunch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Translation service... Greek pharmacist? You seem a lucky fellow, winning on footy, and apparently dating a gal that buys your gas and lunch!
Literally a Greek pharmacist. I scored nothing more exciting than moisturiser and hair-loss products from her unfortunately.

Anyway, the romantic qualities of the car are diminished by the fact that it smells like piss occasionally. So I opened up that cover in the passenger footwell to discover the source of the problem...

Seems like cabin air-filtration had been compromised somewhat...

I replaced it with a new filter, but it wasn't the source of the smell. This is:

It's a little damp so I'm gonna dry it out as a temporary measure while I figure out if I can change the insulating material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.