Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My employer insisted that we go home early today due to possible inclement weather. I asked if there was a way that we could forfeit our pay since we would not be working? The boss looked at me with disdain and said "NO! You have to get paid....now go home!" Did I mention that we also got a free lunch today?

I hate it when I'm home surfing SLKWorld and getting paid too! Only in America! :burnout:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
You really should move up here Gregg (ok, I do have 4ft of snow on my front lawn, but it's smaller than yours...). Schools frequently and pre-emptively shut down schools based on the weather guess...

Not to get into one upsmanship, but I can be "displaced" (ie removed from my flights) so they can do a check ride or training. 100% pay at home, but they buggers take away my per diems! What's with that?!?:bannana:

·
Registered
333 Posts
As an ex teacher, we all used to get excited about "snow days". Sadly here in the UK, we rarely get snow bad enough to close the schools (in my area anyway).

And my last head teacher lived close enough to walk to work, so he wasn't bothered about the staff (95% of us) who had to drive there.

Still, he's now been sacked. :rb:rb

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You really should move up here Gregg (ok, I do have 4ft of snow on my front lawn, but it's smaller than yours...). Schools frequently and pre-emptively shut down schools based on the weather guess...

Not to get into one upsmanship, but I can be "displaced" (ie removed from my flights) so they can do a check ride or training. 100% pay at home, but they buggers take away my per diems! What's with that?!?:bannana:
Whoa.....4 feet of snow in the yard? Don't let that snow go to waste! Melt it down and bottle it, then sell it on Ebay....."Genuine Canadian Snow Melt"

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
Ghee Greg, can we switch Jobs..... My Boss aka my Betty left me straight Instructions on the Toilet Seat with a Pink Sticky Note...... and a reminder Note also in pink on a new Roll of Toilet Paper..... ..

Hun... found a Washer and Dryer on Line it will be delivered today.... Pls pls pls ....... don,t do anything stupid in the Garage.... What did she buy a Washer and Dryer that got more Buttons than the new Command Center on the R172..... and than she bitches because i don,t help out with the Laundry......

Honestly i have no Clue on how to operate the new Washer..... The Owners Man. of the Washer is about as thick as a Mb Man......

all that to wash Jeans Bras and Teen G Strings???????

I am doing my Laundry at my Neighbors House.... they got a good old Pair of Kenmores with Dial Knobs in there Laundry Room and a Cold Budweiser in the Icebox......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts