Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised that a lot of members are not aware of these products.
They are sprayed on to the wheel wheels (after cleaning them of course)
Makes em a pretty black

I've used Griot's Garage previously but it costs more than Chemical Guys

and now I just received Chemical Guy's product Bare Bones Undercarriage Protectant

Plus it smells grapy!

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only do my wheel wells :D

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I just spray the front wheel wheel with the tire detail spray. The rear has a carpet like material so like once a year power wash the rear wheel wells to get the dirt out.

·
Banned
974 Posts
I just spray the front wheel wheel with the tire detail spray. The rear has a carpet like material so like once a year power wash the rear wheel wells to get the dirt out.
Like the idea of deep black wheel arches but I sometimes spray them with WD40 on the assumption that the resulting slippery finish will retain dirt & dust less.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was a bit surprised when we got our SLK and saw the rear wheel wells with the 'carpet' lining. At least a quick spray with some Bilt Hamber 'Surfex' and then a power wash brings them up like new...the fronts I just used some tyre dressing product I had in my detailing cupboard. Can't seem to find any photos now, but they're looking good, just need to clean up and paint the hub in front of the brake disc and maybe paint the calipers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts