Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the Ultra Racing Strut tower brace and lower rear brace about two months ago and decided to post about them today. I installed the strut tower brace first. It was a super easy install with just six bolts on each side. I did have to cut off a non used red stud from the driver side. There is one on the passenger side too but the brace doesnt get in the way there. Biggest thing I noticed is that the front end was a lot more solid, especially over potholes (New Jersey is notorious for them after our salty winters). It feels more solid in turns as well. The only con is that the clearance for the engine is tight. I believe they test fit an SLK200 in Malaysia so the brace is right on top of my engine. I might add a slight spacer in the future but no engine vibration yet for it touching. After that, I installed the lower rear brace. This was also really simple, only being four torx bolts. The only annoying task was removing the numerous nuts that hold the plastic panels underneath the car but still not bad at all. The result was a tighter and more solid feeling rear end and it replaced the two non connected bars that were under the car from the manufacturer. Overall I like the feel better with the bars installed and would do it again. This is just my opinion and I'm not paid or affiliated with ultra racing.

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,226 Posts
The US site does not show any products for MB. I did find strut bars and such on the Malaysia site of Ultra Racing. Where did you get yours and may I ask the cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The US site does not show any products for MB. I did find strut bars and such on the Malaysia site of Ultra Racing. Where did you get yours and may I ask the cost? Thanks.
I looked up the part numbers on the Malaysian site then looked up authorized resellers and for the US was Throw Down Performance out of NJ.

UR-TW2-3019 - Ultra Racing Front Strut Tower Brace - Throwdown Performance - Throwdown Performance - The Race Starts & Finishes Here!

UR-RL4-1577 - Ultra Racing Rear Lower Braces - Throwdown Performance - Throwdown Performance - The Race Starts & Finishes Here!

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,076 Posts
Thanks for the links... $400 for the two isn't a bad price for the gains to body rigidity and improved road handling especially at corners.... I will add these two to the "mod wish list"... although my pocket needs a breather at some point...:grin::wink:>:D

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,226 Posts
I have a R171 chassis and found on the Malaysian site the strut tower bar and the rear lower brace which is the same for the R171 and R172 chassis cars but, Throwdown does not show the strut tower bar either on a search of the part number or by car model (doesn't show the rear brace as an available product either for the R171). I have contacted them to see what they can tell me. Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a R171 chassis and found on the Malaysian site the strut tower bar and the rear lower brace which is the same for the R171 and R172 chassis cars but, Throwdown does not show the strut tower bar either on a search of the part number or by car model (doesn't show the rear brace as an available product either for the R171). I have contacted them to see what they can tell me. Thanks for the links.
Sorry, didn't realize you had a r171. The guy got back to me fairly quickly, within a day or the next. He was helpful when I asked him about my braces.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.