Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Well its snowing in Hull and we got put on amber alert at work today for xmas week.lots of antifreeze ,screen wash,batterys and dee ice got deliverd to the workshops.
So if the past years are out to go buy it will be sunny and warm :biglaugh:

How are the rest of you doing for snow?

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Nothing much over here in Chester at the moment. Flippin' cold though... Brrrrrr!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Snowed a bit on the way in from Heathslow, and again in Greenwich as we headed down to Ebbsfleet.

Got to Paris, and it's snowing like a mother out - temp is just hovering around freezing, so it's not really piling up on the streets. Lots of grit trucks out, but even so, I'm glad I'm within walking distance of the office!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Been snowing since early this morning in Paris, starting to wonder if I'm going to make it back to the UK as planned on Saturday morning!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Been snowing since early this morning in Paris, starting to wonder if I'm going to make it back to the UK as planned on Saturday morning!
Any pix of the Eifeel Tower that is covered in snow (at least partially)?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Any pix of the Eifeel Tower that is covered in snow (at least partially)?

Wife and I are talking about wandering down that way, I was stuck up in LaDefense for meetings yesterday, so way wrong side of town for the tower.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hmm, may have more of a chance than I expected! :(

Eurostar has cancelled all services on Saturday morning 19 December before 12 noon because of severe weather conditions. People who have booked a journey for Saturday morning are advised not to travel. The rest of the day and into Sunday Eurostar services will be severely disrupted as well. We strongly recommend that travellers whose journey is not essential change their tickets for travel on a later date or have their tickets refunded. Eurostar services should be back to normal on Monday.

·
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bloody hell car doors are frozen shut this morn must of been cold last night.
The slk looks snug under its cover in the garage though!!
Off to work now to see how many more ambulances have been crashed overnight:( so far we are up to 7 in 48hrs!!!!!!!!!!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Well, at least the wifey and I were not with the 2,000 folks trapped on the 5 Eurostars that died last night.

I can think of worse places to be trapped than Paris at Christmas time - wifes already out shopping at the fetes noel ;-)
SATURDAY 19 DECEMBER 2009 11:00 (GMT) Eurostar has confirmed that it has cancelled all services today because of continuing severe weather conditions in northern France. We strongly recommend that travellers whose journeys are not essential change their tickets for travel on a later date or have their tickets refunded. We will provide an update on Eurostar services for tomorrow (20/12/09) by 16.00 hours this afternoon on www.eurostar.com

·
Registered
142 Posts
17 inches since last night here in Md. and more on the way. Very unusual for this place. A truly white Christmas!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
old faithfull got me to work on time today :) when R)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
We travelled back from Yorkshire this morning (not in the SLK) and it was snowing quite well on the M62/M60, but pretty well still clear when we got home around lunchtime.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I don't know if any of you have come across THIS website - it gives you real time traffic updates for motorways and main roads, and if you click the correct buttons - weather report, camera shots and even what the matrix signs are displaying.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.