Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a R171 facelift SLK55. Must have been well looked after with history. Let me know what you have :smile:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,548 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,849 Posts
What appeals about the facelift?

4 pot front discs? Rather than 6?

The two listed are from responsible members.

There are others in the for sale (Glasgow pre fl).
Folks don't usually rush to sell 55s.

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
You could always by an earlier one and 'facelift' it ..

Bar the 6pot fronts, its pretty much all cosmetic and fairly easy to do ..

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I am looking to buy a R171 facelift SLK55. Must have been well looked after with history. Let me know what you have :smile:
Welcome from just West of London - The Face Lift R171 does have definite benefits :tu:

...though looking at the "How Many Left" website, there is possibly less than a 100 Face Lift R171/55's ever registered in the UK....? :|

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies guys.

I do realise there are more pre fl for sale at the moment hence placing this wanted post.

There may be a member like Russ who has one and is contemplating selling ;)

Interesting stats Trev. Probably explains why there is a similar ratio in the for sale ads.

There are a handful of fl for sale but apart from a couple, they have a very low mileage and a high sticker price at the moment. I note though they have been around for ages at those high prices and not selling.

In any case, if anyone is thinking of selling or dots one for sale, let me know :)

·
Premium Member
3,468 Posts
There is a nice light blue one on auto trader for 20k. I don't know how much you want to spend but always worth a try at 10% less of the asking price.
It has no HK and no Auto climate so these could be used against it? They are not a deal breaker but nice to have.
You do want Air Scarf, some may say it's not worth it but it is a nice have.
Remote roof is useless so don't get hung up on that option, plan on fitting a Smart Top, around £200.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Russ. I think I aw the one you refer to. Looks a little like the old Diamond Blue but I am not keen on the light blue. Would prefer silver or your blue over that.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,548 Posts
edit?

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members as we welcomed you to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.

:D

·
Premium Member
3,468 Posts
Thanks Russ. I think I aw the one you refer to. Looks a little like the old Diamond Blue but I am not keen on the light blue. Would prefer silver or your blue over that.
Buy the Mystic Blue one for 13k, he is a member on here and it's very clean, you also get £1 every time someone says "I like that colour" :laugh:

Yes it's been modified slightly but..... :x

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buy the Mystic Blue one for 13k, he is a member on here and it's very clean, you also get £1 every time someone says "I like that colour" :laugh:

Yes it's been modified slightly but..... :x
Thanks. Yes I saw the blue pre-fl owned by waylander.
It looks great and love the colour (£1...kerching)

For the time being I would prefer to hold out for a face lift version

1 - 17 of 17 Posts