Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking to buy an slk 55 amg R172 2012 onwards. If anyone has one for sale let me know.

Preferably one with all the extras but a must will be the 10 spoke alloys as i'm not a fan of the 5 spoke alloys.

Many thanks

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Hi,

Looking to buy an slk 55 amg R172 2012 onwards. If anyone has one for sale let me know.

Preferably one with all the extras but a must will be the 10 spoke alloys as i'm not a fan of the 5 spoke alloys.

Many thanks
Still looking
None at local dealerships or on Autotrader ?

Or you prefer a privately owned one ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's only one on auto trader that i like at the moment but doesn't tick all the list of stuff i want. I'm happy to wait till one that fits the bill comes along

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
There's only one on auto trader that i like at the moment but doesn't tick all the list of stuff i want. I'm happy to wait till one that fits the bill comes along
Good to wait for the spec you want :)
But summers coming so sadly prices go up and they get snapped up quick .

If you find one thet ticks your boxes but sadly not the wheels buy it as wheels can easily be bought later on and your old ones sold on . 👍

Or you may miss summer roof top down weather . :surprise:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest i wasn't planning on buying one till after the summer but i've sold my current car now so on the hunt for one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Winter is the ideal time to buy as prices drop and more choice .
Have you expanded your search ?
As sometimes you have to travel to find your AMG spec car .

I'm looking all over. I usually buy my convertibles in the winter but kinda missed the boat a bit this year and not sure i can wait till winter time but will be keeping an eye out.

·
Registered
309 Posts
price seems about right to me given the age and mileage. Great looking car - looks exactly like mine except the black ash trim so I would say that !!. Looks like it's in standard spec apart from that trim - not sure what technical modifications 02 means though ? There aren't many around and I am hoping they get rarer, good luck with your search.

·
Super Moderator
24,836 Posts
Hi,

Many thanks

Good luck with your search.

I'm with Delucas on this one.
The wheels are the most easily fitted retrospectively option.

Concentrate on your other options/colours and ignore wheels.
If you don't get the wheels you want, then you get to trade those of against the ones that you do want costwise.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That one is sold, not sure why it's still on there
the dealers kept mine on a number of sites for about 4 or 5 months after I bought it. Was wierd keep seeing the car sitting on my drive appear as for sale at a main dealer and on pistonheads. I think there are fewer really available than might appear from the already scarce ads

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
the dealers kept mine on a number of sites for about 4 or 5 months after I bought it. Was wierd keep seeing the car sitting on my drive appear as for sale at a main dealer and on pistonheads. I think there are fewer really available than might appear from the already scarce ads
Think its delibrate as they may be able to get hold of another through there contacts but diff colour or specs etc
As they ring previous clients to see if they want to sell and make a quick easy profit .
Without actually having the car on there forecourt .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.