Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I'm looking to sell my 55 (really must go) but I'm torn what to replace it with. Not a direct replacement, that's already here in the shape of a Camaro SS, but as a commute vehicle. Now given it's a short commute performance really shouldn't be an issue but would I be left disappointed with either an R170 kompressor or something like an R171 kompressor? Price range I'd be looking at would be the £5k mark (preferably less!).

In fairness it's not as sensible as a proper commuting car - but would be more fun >:D

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK32 AMG
617 Posts
Have a nice well looked after 230 I used as a daily driver, serviced at mercedes since I owned it, lots of engine work done.

Few small rust issues but nothing out of the ordinary.

Only one issue it's on irish plates right now, could easily let you have it for £2500 sterling. If interested PM me.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,299 Posts
Went from an 04 230 to an 07 55.
The 230 was fun and is the ethos of why the SLK exists.

It's not as powerful but there are several methods of adding power.

230 was great fun down the lanes and for nipping around, once we fitted mich's.

But you know what I always say, go drive one.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer @RLander - got to shift mine on first before I start getting other people's hopes up! Currently just laying the groundwork for window shopping and what is/isn't possible/practical.

As for the Moah powwwwweeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr idea, there's always room for that but given the fun car is over 400hp anyway that's one bridge I'll not need to cross lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts