Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SLK55 (R172) AMG Performance Steering Wheel in leather/Alcantara (Dinamica). The steering wheel comes with buttons and paddle shifters, as shown in the photos.

The part number of the steering wheel is A1724604503.

The steering wheel is in very good condition, but there are a couple of marks:
  • There are two small puncture holes to the rear (one is shown on photo 5). I'm assuming these were caused when the airbag was removed to allow removal of the wheel.
  • A 4cm scratch to the underside of the wheel (shown in photo 6). This could either be repaired or left (as I did), as I couldn't see it when driving.
I'm happy to email over further photos/info on request.

Open to offers and collection is preferred.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,494 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
4. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for parts, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

SLKWorld is not liable for any problems that result out of participating in Buying/Selling on this site.
Let the buyer/seller beware.

·
Super Moderator
11,494 Posts
@Mooster99 you cannot respond to private messages (or send them either) until you reach 15 posts.

I would suggest you add your email address using the format

joeblow AT gmail DOT com

so you and interested members can contact you privately if desired

·
Super Moderator
11,494 Posts
As theirs no price, i offer £50, but i dont know where you are based?
AND that's why we moderators ask members to include that sort of info when completing their profiles :tu:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, forgot to mention I'd be interested in swapping it for the parts required for a space saver to fit the SLK55 (R172)… please see my ad in the wanted section.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,487 Posts
add

Sorry, forgot to add based in Dorset, UK.

to 'location' field in your profile

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Would this fit an SLK 55 R171? I also have a space saver wheel for an R171, not sure if they're the same as an R172? I am also in Dorset...
Have a look at this thread if you want to fit an R172 steering wheel! :grin:

https://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/110218-changing-steering-wheel-otherwise-know-i-like-challenge-now-then%85.html

The space saver may fit but R172 uses M14 bolts rather than M12 bolts used on the R171. Different hardware will definitely be required. :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Have a look at this thread if you want to fit an R172 steering wheel! :grin:

https://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/110218-changing-steering-wheel-otherwise-know-i-like-challenge-now-then%85.html

The space saver may fit but R172 uses M14 bolts rather than M12 bolts used on the R171. Different hardware will definitely be required. :smile:
Thanks for the info Col. Just checked-out Seans post regarding the steering wheel - I think I'll give it a miss as I have trouble wiring-up a 13 amp plug, lol... :frown:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,487 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Price for the steering wheel is £350. It is in very good condition and new, these are an expensive upgrade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts