Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Unfortunately my SLK was written off and I've now moved to the dark side and drive an M3. My OEM wheels are taking up space and we're moving house so I need to sell them. Will post pics ASAP however they are totally unmarked as they were diamond cut refurbished right before I replaced them with aftermarket wheels.

Until I can get photos of them exactly (they're all boxed up under a pile of car bits), this is the style they are. They come with both AMG and standard wheel caps.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They're this style and in this condition, I can dig them out and provide exact photos of condition however I can promise you will not be disappointed and will definitely provide plenty of detailed photos to any serious buyers.

Been told they fit C class and R171 also but can't guarantee.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
How much are you asking for them, and do you have alternative contact info (such as email), in case an interested member with too few posts to send you a PM wants to contact you?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[email protected]
+447789008145 (text messages only please)

I'm just after a fair price for a quick sale, these sets seem to go for upwards of £1000 on eBay, and these are mint wheels that have only covered 10,000 miles and been refurbished and diamond cut.

Sensible offers for a quick sale would be great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If they were in the US, I would likely take them so that I have a few spares in the event that I damaged one of my current wheels.... would be much cheaper the buying a new one or buying the wheel insurance :)

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,387 Posts
Can anyone tell me if these will fit a 171 for definite?

I have sent you an email Phil.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone tell me if these will fit a 171 for definite?

I have sent you an email Phil.
Will check my emails now.

I've seen them fitted on an R171, but not sure if they needed spacers etc.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,387 Posts
Sorry Phil, the rims aren't for me.

After using my friend search, I have discovered Col is correct. I would need to get special M12 bolts with M14 heads. I was hoping the rims would be a straight forward swap. :frown:

Hopefully you'll find a 172 owner who needs a set for winter tyres. :smile:

·
Registered
107 Posts
hmm I am a little tempted as I was considering getting a set of winter tyres.

Does anyone know if garages can get the old tyres off (and put the new winter tyre on) without damaging the tyre or the alloy as ideally I'd like to keep the summer set as spares for when I inevitably wear out my set?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm I am a little tempted as I was considering getting a set of winter tyres.

Does anyone know if garages can get the old tyres off (and put the new winter tyre on) without damaging the tyre or the alloy as ideally I'd like to keep the summer set as spares for when I inevitably wear out my set?
As long as you don't go to kwikfit you should be fine, the tyre fitters would be liable for any damage anyway and you could quote the value as on a brand new set from Mercedes for mad money to make sure they do it right.

To the rest, I'll get photos up tomorrow, promise. They're all boxed up and behind the sofa and under all my other car bits at the mo.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so can you give a price you want for them?
I'd say since used ones are going for £1200-£1500 on ebay with part-worn tyres, alloy curbing and postage, and these are spotless but don't have tyres.

£850 ono + collection / courier costs. (I know this is a low price, butg I want a quick sale)

That wouldn't even buy you 2 new ones from Merc I don't think! and these haven't covered 10k miles before they were refurbed and diamond cut and then did a couple of hundred miles before being swapped for aftermarkets.

·
Registered--SLK is no more
352 Posts
The question is how do I fit 4 spare tyres in my SLK to bring them back to London lol
2 on the passenger seat (put some padding down) and remove your spare wheel and floor mat in the boot and they'll fit straight in...
IF you have a flat tyre on the way back... well LOL you will have some options next to you!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The question is how do I fit 4 spare tyres in my SLK to bring them back to London lol
When I had my aftermarket wheels fitted I managed to get all 4 boxes in my SLK to drive down to the tyre fitters.

I think I had one in the boot and one in the footwell with two strapped down on top on the passenger seat. (I'll be providing them in the boxes the old aftermarket wheels came in).

I'll also happily stick all the boxes in a stack and duct tape them up into one big parcel if a buyer wants to courier them. Photos coming tomorrow, promise!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll get exact photos up ASAP.

2 x Front alloy wheels: 18x7.5" ET42
Wheel part number: AMG B66031482
Additional alloy part number: A1724012602

2 x Rear alloy wheels: 18x8.5" ET36
Wheel part number: AMG B66031483
Additional alloy part number: A1724012702

Should fit R171 and C class chassis models.

·
Banned
974 Posts
When my dealer replaced all 4 alloys for not much over £400 he quoted list price about £400 per wheel. My guess he was £100 out, i.e.£500.
Live 50miles east of you so tempted as a winter tyre/wheel set up.
How the heck did your lovely car get writ off?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When my dealer replaced all 4 alloys for not much over £400 he quoted list price about £400 per wheel. My guess he was £100 out, i.e.£500.
Live 50miles east of you so tempted as a winter tyre/wheel set up.
How the heck did your lovely car get writ off?
Ah fair enough.

I unfortunately fell asleep at the wheel and hit a lamppost, will post pics of the damage at some point but it was truly screwed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.