Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a grille for a 171 SLK 350. Part number A1718880060

#1 Son has just hit a pheasant. Didn't even get to keep the pheasant for dinner! :(

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,548 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. It's the carrier for the big star in the nose. Top right side is gone completely I think.

Not my car it's his so he can ground himself ......... and the pheasant!

He hit another pheasant or perhaps a seagull ( although they are bloody quick ) about 6 months ago and it cost him a windscreen on the car he was driving at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nope. It's the carrier for the big star in the nose. Top right side is gone completely I think.

Not my car it's his so he can ground himself ......... and the pheasant!

He hit another pheasant or perhaps a seagull ( although they are bloody quick ) about 6 months ago and it cost him a windscreen on the car he was driving at the time.

ohh yes i like that grill, where would one purchase that fine piece of plastic

·
Registered
292 Posts
A pheasant has destroyed the front gril of this person's car! Please watch out folks for chickens or other sized birds when you are driving - you have been warned!

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A pheasant has destroyed the front gril of this person's car! Please watch out folks for chickens or other sized birds when you are driving - you have been warned!
The pheasant is a wonderously dumb bird. Sometimes they appear to be just plain suicidal. They love the hedgerows along English country lanes and being spectacularly stupid will often pop out of the shrubbery with no time for the driver to react. Even at 40 mph or so a 2.5 Kg bird can dent a panel.

The seagull Matt hit totalled a modern laminated windscreen so badly the guys at Autoglass thought he had hit a person.

One gets a little blasé about driving at 40 or 50 along lanes that are only a metre or two wider than the car on either side and where vision is restricted to only 150m or so ahead. :)

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
Make sure they have been removed carefully if used - they can be difficuly (but not impossible) to remove from a bumper..

They do come up now and then - you may actually snag a bargain and get a cheap bumper WITH one that you can remove...

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Not anymore, had a really bad experience with them last year.
Manage to damage both front calipers buy putting the wrong pads and I was after the calipers. Give them the oem nr and explained that are 4 pistons caliper. Ok not a problem, I received 2 calipers one piston.
After 10 days and numerous phones to them they send the correct ones but with the bleeding nipple snap ... They said I did that. I took pictures with the driver when I received and I could proved like that.
It took a LOT of time to get the refound back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts