Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 1996 SLK230
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently for sale on eBay for £395 they are available here for £345.

Full pictures and description on eBay but briefly these are part of a £3,988.89 optional extra AMG Sports Package Bodykit. Because of the cost there are not many of these around.

Mainly fitted to early pre-facelift 96-00 cars but I believe they would also fit post facelift cars too?

The full package also came with side skirts and twin exhaust pipe but I don't have those. Aftermarket side skirts are available and will at least come with all the required fixings. The bumpers use your existing fixings.

Will require painting.

Comes complete with the fog lights (worth £80).

Here are the same bumpers on my car (albeit mine is the version with headlight washers) -

Collection from Corby, Northamptonshire or possibly Peterborough at A1.
May be willing to deliver within 1hr for additional sum.

Clive 07947 783689

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,731 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

Clive, once sold, if you can let us know in a reply we can close the thread.

And if you wish, edit your phone number out as well?

·
Registered 1996 SLK230
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front bumper and foglights SOLD

Rear bumper still available - £135 on eBay, £115 here

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I hate to rain on the parade here, but these are not "genuine AMG" bumpers. For starters, MB didn't come out with the R170 in the SLK32 "AMG" flavor until 2001. The pictured SLK is a facelifted R170 (note the turn indicators in the fenders, '97-'00, as opposed to the sideview mirrors; standard on the R170 from '01-'04), with "Sport" bumpers.

MB offered the "Sport" bumpers/rocker panels on some pre-facelifted R170, and then offered them standard midway through the '00 model year and thereafter on SLK230s and SLK320s. The SLK32 "AMG" has distinctively different front & rear bumpers (the rear bumper has a black diffuser).

Still, it's a cool upgrade for the prefacelifted R170 with the black strip all around the bottom of the car. :smile:

·
Registered 2003 SLK32 AMG
300 Posts
AMG Sport

Although the optional sports body kit wasn't marketed as an 'AMG' item in the UK, if I recall correctly, the kit was known as 'AMG Sport' in other markets?

The only genuine R170 AMG in the UK is the SLK32 AMG, which has a totally different body kit compared to the one in the original post - but that certainly improves pre-facelift R170 styling, in my opinion.

·
Registered 1996 SLK230
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are Genuine AMG bumpers from the option list where described at the time as "AMG body styling kit". They have the AMG makers mark / stamp on them too.

They are a different style to the bodykit on the AMG engined car, but genuine AMG items nonetheless.

True they are not the same style as the AMG bumpers that appeared on the later AMG engined

·
Registered 2003 SLK32 AMG
300 Posts
The photos of that blue R170 are of a pre-facelift car - boot lock, indicators, ride height, door handles are the clues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.