Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collecting my SLK on Saturday and already know I want to swap the existing wheels for some standard silver alloys.

Anyone have some they want to sell or swap?
I'm looking for a set in good condition with good tyre depth.
I'm based Corby/Peterborough but willing to travel some way for the right deal.

If anyone is interested below are the wheels on the car at the moment which I am willing to swap or sell on soon - I will add better pictures plus details on tyre depth and so on when I get a chance on Sunday.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have just collected some lovely 16" Mercedes 5 Spoke alloy wheels from a 2008 R171 SLK for my car above (they do fit).

If anyone is interested in the old black ones I have I'm afraid to say none of the tyres are any good and the rims need refurbing.

So good are the wheels and tyres I just got I may look to sell them on separately so am still interested if anyone has some good condition alloys they want to sell or swap ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 hour round trip to collect these wheels was well worth it. Four matching tyres as new and the alloys are near perfect. Very happy with the look now...

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Congrats on your new baby. We are looking to swap, possibly, to black rims and are fairly local (Rugby) any idea of how much you want for the old rims? Cheers, Pete.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on your new baby. We are looking to swap, possibly, to black rims and are fairly local (Rugby) any idea of how much you want for the old rims? Cheers, Pete.
Not too far away then . . .

As the wheels stand I would be looking for £50

The tyres all need replacing. The black paint is no more than 'okay' - a few bits flaking towards the centres on a couple. Overall there doesn't seem to be much corrosion - the rear sides are all very good.

Three centre caps are very good (metal circular fitment thing on the back), the fourth centre cap is more plastic and the Merc decal needs sticking to ensure it stays attached to the actual bit that snaps into position.

If they were to be refurbished (£160-£180) I'm sure they would be worth more than the £210-£230 total outlay . . .

I have some pictures I can add in a sec . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts