Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered 1996 SLK230
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As was always my plan I'm shortly looking to sell on my 1997 SLK and I'm looking to generate the most income possible.

If I could sell the following items for the following prices it's probably the route I will go down - can I have some opinions on these prices?

16" five spoke R171 alloy wheels (staggered) in fabulous condition with four matching as-new nexen nblue eco tyres (205/55/16 + 225/50/16). I would be looking for £300.

Original standard 16" R170 alloy wheels (staggered) just refurbished to a good standard. Centre caps but no tyres. I would be looking for £180.

Pre-facelift book pack / owner manuals dated 31st January 1996. I would be looking for £50 (no service history book).

Mercedes child booster seat with transponders to turn passenger airbag off. I would be looking £80.

Pre-facelift boot lock (minus the spring on the end where it joins the bar leading to the latch). I would be looking for £45.

Gear selector lever/mechanism. I would be looking for £30.

All prices would be + postage if applicable.

·
Premium member 2001 SLK320
803 Posts
cliveski,

if you are prepared to manoeuvre on price, then they will sell. the usual buyers market approach applies. I've noticed whenever I buy anything, it's made of unobtanium and priced accordingly. When I come to sell, it's made of commonasmuckium and no-one wants it.:crying:

They aren't ludicrously over-priced, but remember, everyone wants a bargain as well.

·
Registered 1996 SLK230
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback... this post got moved from general discussion... I was really just after opinions on my asking prices ahead of deciding what to do... that said the wheels I had refurbished and the gear selector are two of the things I can sell without worry so if your interested perhaps send me a message...

I can add some pictures of the wheels I had refurbished - on reflection I would be looking for just £150 for them as the refurbishment they had was relatively 'cheap' - they look great and will last but for a perfectionist like me I can find imperfections on close inspection.

I can add pictures of the wheels that are on my car too but would need to find a cheaper replacement before selling them on (unless someone can part-exchange).

·
Administrator/Founding Member since 2006
100,500 Posts
general discussion is for slk discussion but not model specific. You have a r170 so that is model specific so to parts for sale or 170 general discussion it went :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
second hand prices can be such a joke... esp with dealers and stuff on ebay.. I am thinking of taking my wood trim out, selling my 230 and saving up for a 320... so am after some carbon trim (which stupidly I didn't keep when I fitted my oem wood laminate). interior parts prices are so silly... some out bits of trim and some dealer wants a fair chunk of cash.

·
Registered 1996 SLK230
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just found my original spring for the boot lock under the car so I now have a complete boot lock to sell on for £60.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have your wheels sold?

Hi Clive. Have you sold either of these sets yet? I am in the market and am either going to keep the car stock or upgrade like you. I have a tight budget as there is plenty for me to address. Also, can you ship if required as I am down in Devon.
Kind regards
J

[/QUOTE]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.