Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just joined the site and think it's great for a car site that there is a section just for the girls!

I was just wondering how many ladies from the UK were members here, I don't know many women who love cars and driving as much as I do. My friends laugh at me when I get excited about a car - I'm full on at the moment as I'm hopefully picking up my SLK this weekend.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
There are a few ladies in the UK as far as I know. I am sure as you use the forum you will get to recognise them. Not always easy from the names. Have a look through the threads in the ladies forum :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi from a Yorkshire lass.
I also love driving cars and riding my motor bike.
I have only had my slk 350 for 2weeks before that I had a range rover. ( wish I still had it as well looking at the snow out side). The men at work thought I was strange when I was getting excited that my 22 inch wheels were coming for range rover, they said most women get excited about shoes and hand bags not wheels!
But I'm a woman so I can do both :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm on here for my other half

She loves her slk but when it comes to mechanics or electrics she hasn't a clue so I do all that for her but I registered on here just to get some pointers to help her out as the last thing I wanted to do is make a mistake in a car that cost her £8000 lol

Dw she gets really excited about her car too lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hiya, I'm a female from uk, got my SLK last week and I love it! Always wanted one and now my dream has come true. It's all polished and waxed and enjoying the sun in it this week, top down every day. Fab car

·
Registered Still looking for an SLK
50 Posts
I live near Southampton (Hedge End) and there are FOUR for sure living locally to me!
I've spoken to two of them and may one day catch the third who drives a very nice pale blue jobbie!
I know the forth but don't want to talk to her as I know her ex hubby!!! She's had it for yonks and loves it so I'm told by her brother!!

·
Registered Still looking for an SLK
50 Posts
It's a long story!!
Actually it was her partner and there was a messy parting of their ways!!
Alas I was unable to give out cards to the ladies, but have given out two so far to guys!
Seriously top Up weather at the moment, not conducive to SLK social networking!!
Re a coven, I certainly would like to have the chance to meet the lady in the pale blue SLK! Watch this space!:rb

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a lady driver, and I too love cars! I have a lovely 350 SLK,with all the bells n whistles-even TV! I am lucky that my better half is a car nut so I have plenty to choose from-current stable consists of Porsche 993, Land Rover, Jag X Type, Lotus Elan Sprint and RR Silver Shadow..and soon to be joined by a V12 E Type coupe. Enjoying driving with the roof off at the moment!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi from sunny? Staffordshire. By this time next week i hope to be the very lucky owner of my first.....and last SLK 55 AMG!! Its a beautiful blue colour and I have been looking for the "Right one" for a long time......

Just love to hear the sound of this beautiful beast!!

I play saxophone in a soul band so had to take it with me to make sure it fits in the boot!! Thankfully it does!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Dorset and on my second one. Equally clueless about the tecky stuff but love the wind in my hair, which exactly matches the red leather, not that it really matters.
Got my car under a month ago, just getting it checked out so a bit nervous I might have bought a dud.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,853 Posts
Second time,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your vehicle (model and year,ie 2007 SLK 350) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t.
Update: ‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’. Your profile is NOT updated in your ‘garage’.

Then don’t be shy, we don’t bite. We want to welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
46 Posts
In Dorset and on my second one. Equally clueless about the tecky stuff but love the wind in my hair, which exactly matches the red leather, not that it really matters.
Got my car under a month ago, just getting it checked out so a bit nervous I might have bought a dud.
I had an RAC check on mine, as I thought it would help in pointing out any issues that needed sorting. Unfortunately it confused me even more as it nothing in it was quantified.....ie there could be this wrong and that etc. Although the guy was thorough.....spent about 3 hours with the vehicle. Probably would not have gone ahead with the purchase if I was relying on the report alone. Thankfully, being on the slk forum I was able to be advised further, and went ahead. Hopefully picking it up early next week!! :Beer:

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,022 Posts
I had a client who was buying a lexus is250 from a garage a while back .
As the car was far away he had booked the car in for a £250.00 inspection .

All come out all good .

So car was purchased .

Upon me seeing his new flash car i advised him the rear back wing had been replaced and the wheel arch had poor repair work which would cause problems down the line .

The rac missed that it had been repaired .
So ..........

And now fast forward paint job is on the list as its so severally corroded bad .

So an inspection is only as good as how observant a bloke is or she ?

At the end of the day .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.