Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My user manual says I need 98 RON fuel. I have searched the internet and I can find no suppliers of 98 RON fuel. Shell V-Power is 99 RON and Tesco Momentum is 99 RON. All of the other suppliers seem to be no more than 97 RON. I know from searching here that this was raised back in 2013 so things may have changed. My local ESSO garage Super unleaded is 97 RON so I wont be using that. I also drove into a BP Garage yesterday and the BP Ultimate is 97 RON so drove straight out. Does anybody know of any other fuel suppliers of 98 RON or higher as two suppliers is a bit limiting?

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
359 Posts
I use 97 all the time, occasionally standard fuel if I get caught out and there's nothing higher. Never notice the difference between standard and 97, not sure there would be any difference between 97, 98 or 99 but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put Shell Nitro In. :x
Just been on the Shell UK site and they are changing the name from Shell V-Power Nitro+ to Shell V-Power and it is still rated at 99 RON. This is the fuel I have been using since buying the car.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I have always tried to use Shell V Power when I can Martin. Although I havent noticed any difference when using BP Ultimate 97.

I stay away from supermarket fuel.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,724 Posts
Hi All

Its Shell 99 or Tesco 99 for me , Shell is the best bang for buck the car always same to go better on Shell . I have never had a problem with supermarket petrol .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered 2006 SLK350 sold/now 2018 SL400
295 Posts
Tesco momentum is supplied by Greenenergy. Until recently there was a link on Tescos website to an independent test. The momentum came our as good as V-power on the rolling road test and only slightly behind on its cleaning abilities (in this respect it was far better than Tescos standard 95)
I suspect the reason the test has been taken down is that one ore more of the fuels tested have been reformulated with a different additive package.
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.