Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Digital Climate Control Panel - Part No. A171 830 0185.. This is an early unit with the 'AC OFF' button.

Purchased online from a scrapyard, but the colour isn't a great match for my car, and I don't have the skill or patience to make it look lovely!

I'd say that the general condition is fair to good. One of the mounting tabs is broken and there are some marks on the side where it has been removed badly.
The front is in OK condition; it is a little scuffed and has some marks on it, but nothing more than I'd expect for something that has come out of a 10-12 year old car.

Looking for £125 - preferably by BACS.

I don't think I have enough posts yet to receive PM's but if you have any questions please post on this thread. Happy to provide my e-mail address / phone number.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,423 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
98,423 Posts
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
48 Posts
I have the manual AC in my r171 slk55 2005, is this a straight forward swap/upgrade does anyone know??

·
98,423 Posts
search for seanhump's thread on installing it if photobucket has not hijaacked it
@Seanhump

·
98,423 Posts

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
I have the manual AC in my r171 slk55 2005, is this a straight forward swap/upgrade does anyone know??
For normal operation, yes.

The battery needs to be disconnected during the swap to avoid the need for a reset of the AC system.

Read the thread for the rest of the info - there are some extra bits you can add, but are not really needed for basic operation ...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Jon,

If no one else has bought this I'd like it please.

Not 100% sure if this is an upgrade we want / need but looks like a fun thing to try.

I'm not yet up to 15 posts, so will PM shortly or if you can PM me with an email address to sort BACS out

Cheers

James

·
4,024 Posts
You may need a later Digital panel as your car is a 2009 ... there are differences around the operation of the AC / Rest (or Off) button ..

Have you read through the threads .?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sean thanks for the reply.

Yes read through the threads, but thought that it just meant that the switch lit up the wrong way round. If I'm mistaken then I don't want to mess things up.

Had a bit of a look for climate control unit but seem to be hard to come by.

What is the implication of using the "wrong" part ?

James

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sean,

Looking at the pictures from the original options manual the climate control from the 2009 looks the same except for black instead of silver button and the label on the a/c button says "a/c" rather than "a/c off". Intrigued what other differences may exist

James

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi James,

Just in from work. Got your message, the unit is yours. I'll send my details over later - just give me a bit to get sorted!

Thanks, Jon.

·
4,024 Posts
The button colour change is part of the facelift that happened in 2008

I'm not 100% sure if the later panels work in the earlier cars as I've heard conflicting info on this subject.

Mine does - I've heard of others that don't (but I can see no reason why).

It's been a long debated topic, and the only way you'll really confirm is by giving it a go ..!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cheers Sean for the reply. Well I've gone for it to try it out and see if it works. Happy enough with the buttons being different colour as added other chrome trim items to brighten up the interior already. Will report back on success or failure when I've experimented.

If it fails then look for another for sale thread !

James

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,770 Posts
Hi James,

Just in from work. Got your message, the unit is yours. I'll send my details over later - just give me a bit to get sorted!

Thanks, Jon.
Hi Jon,

If you can post a reply once the sale has gone through we will close the thread
& add SOLD to the topic title.

Cheers,

Myk

·
Registered 2004 SLK200K
66 Posts
Hello Coppins,

There is a change that you need the A171 830 06 85. The A171 830 01 85 ia only for the early R171 .
In that case you contact me, I am also interestet in this Climat.

Cheers, Alwin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alain,

Hoping it's electrically still the same and just the colour of the buttons that changed for the post 2008 cars. If it doesn't work I'll let you know

James

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.